Fri, Sep 20, 3:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: Who Else Wants To See DAZ Make A Hatchling MilDragon?

Sileen ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 5:41 PM ยท edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 4:20 AM

Hi, I'm a bit of a newbie, but I have to say I really love DAZ's mildragon. However, I think it is missing a crucial element that occurs in many a dragon related story and that is dragon hatchlings. There are lots of stories of humans raising a dragon mount from a hatchling, or of dragons feeding knights to their young, or of dragons fiercely protecting their young. It's next to impossible to protray this with the Mildragon. Just shrinking the mildragon doesn't produce a very good hatchling at all. When I think of hatchling, I think of something more along the lines of that dragon hatchling in Harry Potter, cute and underdeveloped with big, wondering eyes, awkward, but in a newborn way. Trying to scale the mildragon and morph it into a hatchling fascimile doesn't work very well from what I've tried and seen.

Are there others out there that share my interest?

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 5:49 PM

Those who know me know it's no secret that I really want there to be a mildragon hatchling.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 5:52 PM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewforum.php?f=33

Have you posted this on the Daz Wish List for products??? Maybe it is already on the Milleneum Dragon wishlist, but I think anyone here who is interested in the hatchling should post there too. BTW...I think it's a good idea. I'd love to see a hatchling for this dragon. :)

Sileen ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 5:53 PM

Glad I'm not the only one with that problem.

William ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 7:14 PM

Isn't there already a hatchling dragon? Not for the Mil dragon but for one of the other ones once sold at Daz?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 7:23 PM

Too cartoonish for some peoples' tastes. Perfectly fine if you like Spyro, however.

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 7:32 PM

Yeah, it's too toony in style for the kinds of renders I'd want to do. I love the hatchling and the adult hatchling and have had a lot of fun with it, but it's a totally different style than what I'd use a hatchling mildragon for.

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 10:46 PM

Hatchie's adorable! But no, he doesn't match the Mil Dragon. :-(

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 8:21 AM

I'll buy it if they make it, I have the adult mildragon too but it really needs some youngsters to defend from those nasty knights that keep hassling it.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.