Wed, Oct 2, 3:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Does this happen in P5 all time?

jnln4004 ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2005 at 2:39 PM ยท edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 3:27 AM

Hi all... When I want to add clothes to the figure, it usually asks me where to find a file (texture) and I have to search for it and usually can't find it. I am using store bought items and they are extracted to their proper folders and I would think that the files included would point to where the neccassary files would be. Any way to fix this? It happens 50% of the time. thanks! Jeff

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2005 at 2:58 PM

Do the files it's asking you to find have the extension ".BUM" ?
If so your using files that have been setup for P4.
Check the ReadMe that comes with whatever item your trying to load, and it should tell you which ".JPG" file would need to be converted (by P4) and use that instead.
Newer items tend to come with sets of MAT poses for P4, PP and / or P5, so if the items you have only have ones for P4, the only permenant fix is to change the extension in the file in question with a text editor.

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2005 at 3:19 PM

Many times, the texture paths in the MAT files are not correct and so Poser goes on the hunt for them. You may want to take a look at Hogwarden's "Correct Reference" program which checks your CR2 and PZ2 files and corrects the texture location. There is a free version here: http://www.hogsoft.com/ and a more substantial 'Pro' version here: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=27516 Personally, I wouldn't be without this program but do be aware that the free version has a few minor quirks when correcting textures: If searching for (eg) a texture called 'red.jpg', CR will assign the first one it finds alphabetically in your textures folder even if it's not the correct one for that specific MAT. The pro version alerts you when it finds 2 or more textures with identical names which is helpful. (The pro version also checks and correct Geometry files/locations) As long as you're aware of this and keep an eye on the dialog report box when CR is running you should be ok. Also, don't try and change too many folders at once or you'll lose track of what's happening!

My Renderosity Store

jnln4004 ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2005 at 3:35 PM

Thanks for the info... Now I understand and hopefully will get it straightened out... Jeff

NomiGraphics ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2005 at 4:10 PM

Normally when you see that error message you are trying to load a Poser 4 prop/cloth. If you see Poser 4, or Poser PP as your choices (like from a Daz setup) always use Poser PP as your choice in Poser 5. - Noel

Kristta ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2005 at 6:42 PM

Any time that I install anything for Poser, I immediately run CRPro. It's one of the best "add ons" for Poser that I've got. Kristta

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.