Sat, Sep 7, 7:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Forgive me DAZ, for I -too- have sinned....

draculaz ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 5:02 AM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 3:29 PM

file_184679.jpg

It has been a month since my last render, and I have discovered the forbidden fruit of YAFRAY, and after having tasted it, can no longer put it down...

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 5:24 AM

ACK!!!! NEAT!!! i love that metal!

draculaz ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 5:26 AM

erm... it's... scratches head... glass.. drac

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 5:32 AM

looks like black metal... to me at least..and now that I look closer..I see the glass...the small ball I swear, cld have been that dark silver metal...

Zhann ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 5:39 AM

It looks like smoked glas to me cause you can see through it...=)

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

erosiaart ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 5:41 AM

ok..I'm blind..:P I blame my mistake on a laptop LCD screen...

draculaz ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 5:42 AM

there's no presets for this, so everything has to be manual (refraction/reflection, etc) still haven't really figured the settings out :)

drawbridgep ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 6:39 AM

Hey, chrome spheres! ;-) Actually that's really cool. I see you got some cool refraction going on too. Hurry up with the tut.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

draculaz ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 6:43 AM

Should be done today :)

drawbridgep ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 7:34 AM

I've been thinking about this, Brother and Sisters, and the real reason I've been lead down the dark path is because of Draculaz! It's all his fault. Phil (Lead us not into temptation, Drac knows the way.)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

draculaz ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 7:50 AM

pretty much. i take full responsability :D drac

RobertJ ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 7:54 AM

file_184684.jpg

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

draculaz ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 8:01 AM

ROFLMAO!!!!!

tjohn ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 8:21 AM

Checkerboards or Water. Unless you can come up with something original and truly artistic with chrome spheres and checkerboards (like Englewolf).

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

derjimi ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 10:37 AM

And what about checker spheres over chromeboards???

draculaz ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 10:53 AM

jimi's wise

foleypro ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 10:55 AM

In a Famous movie there was a saying.... "Hang em,Hang em High" Or... "Get-a-Rope" No and no goop on the rope either he needs to feel the Grip of the "Deaths fingers"....

danamo ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 12:55 PM

Very cool! You're getting a real handle on rendering in Yafray. Lord help me, I just had a perverse thought! What if you imported several Bryce terrains into Wings(with materials) and rendered a simple landscape with Yafray? I don't suppose Wings could handle the poly count, but you gotta admit it's a whimsical ideer. I also blame my addiction to Wings on Draculaz, and I must admit this forbidden fruit looks very tempting too,lol.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 8:09 PM

Perhaps fresnel reflections would work better for glass? The reflections are beautiful, but do nothing to indicate the material of the object. Can Yafray do fresnel/falloff reflections?

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 9:52 PM

I'm just trying to learn one 3D Package, dont go distracting us now :).

Incarnadine ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 6:41 AM

very good point maxxxmodelz, was just thinking that myself. I think it should be added in the transparency channel.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

lordstormdragon ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 6:12 AM

Aye, not to rain on your parade, Drac... You could have done that scene better in Bryce. I'm not impressed by YafRay's shadows, one bit. I'm gonna have to go with Robert J on this one.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.