Wed, Sep 25, 3:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 1:55 am)

Subject: What Happened To V2?

Dannii ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 8:30 AM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 3:33 AM

Hi, I've been away from the Poser scene for a long time and have decided to get back into it. However, can someone tell me what happened to V2 and all the character sets that you used to be able to buy from this site? I'm guessing V3 has truly taken over, she had only just been released when I gave up my render habit. Many thanks.

dlfurman ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 9:46 AM

Yeah, she has been surpassed by V3. Esp. now that V3 is FREE. (Still gotta by the morph packs though).

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

Phantast ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 10:03 AM

It would be more accurate to say that V3 is reduced in price, since the base model is fairly useless without the morphs. It's a shame that a lot of the V2 products have been pulled. I still use V2 a lot, and so do many others.

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 10:30 AM

It would be more accurate to say that V3 is reduced in price, since the base model is fairly useless without the morphs.

I dunno.... The speech and expression morphs are now included in the base, and the spandex morph is included in the body, so you can fake clothing for her. And there's lots of free textures and clothing for her available.

Yes, you have to pay for the other head and body morphs. But judging from the galleries, most people never use those. ;-)

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 1:57 PM

I picked up V2 myself, when the CD was on sale from DAZ, and have the Reduced Resolution V3 (part of the 3D Starter, with Mike and other useful stuff). I don't honestly see much reason to get the full-detail V3 morphs. And there's a lot of good V2 stuff being sold cheap. But it is still annoying wehen people don't specify which Vicky they mean.

eric501 ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 2:39 PM

don't forget, with v3 comes the v2-v3 version that can wear most of the v2 clothes

Huolong ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 4:01 PM

I use V2/M2 because the cost of replicating all that I have for them is an unnecessary expense. I have them but find that their weight in mb is so excessive that there is little to gain with the modest improvements they represent. I still use P4M/F for additional and supplementary characters largely because of their lightness. There is, I believe a decent market left for V2/M2 as well as P4 characters

Gordon

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 6:10 PM

What happened to V2?

Well......last time that I saw her, she had her thumb out: trying to hitch a ride down Route 66.

She was muttering to herself. Something about younger sisters and.....deep regrets over what she herself had done to Posette.

It just wasn't fair. V2's day in the sun wasn't nearly as long as V3's day looks like it's going to be.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Fringewood ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 9:38 PM

One of the reasons that Daz pushed V3 to take over V2's spot is the CR2 issue. Daz does not like distribution of base morphs, be it CR2, PZ3, extracted MT's, or whatever. V3 allows the distribution of INJ pose files in their place, which only contain setting data, not the morphs. They have a lot less patrolling of the distribution points to insure that copyrighted morphs don't get distributed, which is less labor cost for them. Don't look for them to go back to the CR2 system, or do anything to encourage its return. Injection is the future, and copyright protection is the reason. And look for V4 to surface when the market is ready for it. So don't get too deep into V3.

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 10:02 PM

I'm stuck on V2/M2 on account my machine is a piece of junk. I downloaded the base V3 but I don't feel like building a morph set myself for a model my computer can't handle. I have considered V3RR but in the end why should I try to keep up when the Millenium 2 figures work just fine. But I do long for all that great (cheap) stuff out for V3. I still actually use Posette and Dork most of the time though I have my own homade morph set for them plus a Posette Eve (v.4?) from Arduinos site that has great morphs. I have gotten Beta test versions of Narcisis' Nea and Darian figures (based on the P4 Nude geometries) and they actually kick butt on Millenium figures I think. Narcisis says that the release versions are near.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:49 AM

The Injection technology does have benefits for users, it's not just helping Daz with copyright control. The third-generation figures such as V3 have over 70,000 polygons, around half of them in the head, and there are head morphs which can have 30,000 lines. Without Injection morphs, they'd have to be in the .cr2 all the time. Aiko 3 doesn't have so many morphs, and doesn't use Injection, but is a big enough .cr2 to be awkward.

Dannii ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:07 AM

Thanks for all your responses. It looks as though I'll be learning how to use V3 then. Although me thinks my V2 will be putting in the odd apperance - I just have way too much stuff not to use it.

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 5:22 AM

Injection wouldn't be so bad if it were more controllable and integrated into Poser. It's a bit of nerve asking people to buy from Daz the injection creator software the prime reason for which is to protect Daz's copyright. And I don't believe Daz ever really suffered much because V2 had morphs in a cr2 file. People protest too much about these things.

Netherworks ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 7:15 AM

Antonia - Aiko 3 does have injection slots but also has all the morphs loaded.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 7:48 PM · edited Wed, 16 February 2005 at 7:50 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=444314

This is Supermodel Vickie's lament (make sure you read the text), but it could apply equally well to V2 or V1 or the Posette...

Whatever happens to old mesh figures, anyway? Do they go to the old mesh home?

;-)

Message edited on: 02/16/2005 19:50

mimezine ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:21 PM

still use v1 v2 s1 mg p4fem p4male you can see them all in the gallery of: mimezine

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.