Thu, Sep 19, 11:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: poser4 "you are out of memory"

L.WAGNER ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:02 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:04 PM

Tried loading poser 4 on my new computer and am told I am out of memory, may need to allocate more memory to poser. Im on win2000 and should have plenty of memory to run (brand new puter). I have raised my page files to the maximum (per del help desk) and still no luck. Im not familiar at all with changing computer settings, so any help would be mucho appreciated!

nomuse ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:39 PM

It's a generic error. When anything goes wrong in Poser4 it will spit out an "out of memory" error. You probably have a corrupted installation.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:48 PM

I have P4 and I get that error mssage sometimes what I did to stop it was, delete the useless items that I'll never use, like the child figures in P4. I basically use M3 & V3 now. I uninstalled some of the characters and it seems to help P4 load faster. For myself, I'll never use 90 percent of the old content P4 loads. Best to try to reistall. :) (JMHO)

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 12:22 AM

Also make sure you download the last update patch from Curious Labs when you reinstall. I also think there's a patch for large memory systems as well.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

L.WAGNER ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 12:47 AM

The thing thats driving me up the wall, is that it installed and worked FINE on my prev computer. My new one is far superior to the old and I can install, but I cant run it.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 2:36 AM

Yeah, my 78's won't play on my CD player either :-) Considering the age of P4's code, it's about the same. I'm using Windows 2000 and Poser 4 too so the OS itself shouldn't be a problem. As nomuse said, that's a catch-all error. Usually it shows up after Poser can't find an .obj file among other occasions. If you do a clean install with all the appropriate patches and it still doesn't work, I'm kinda stumped. Try turning off/reducing acceleration for your video card in display properties* and try shutting down any extra processes that are running like antivirus, firewall, etc. and try running it in as bare bones an environment as possible and see if anything snaps into place. Hope you get it working. *right-click on an empty space on the desktop, select properties -> settings -> advanced -> there should be a tab for your video card and somewhere a slider to set the performance.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 2:36 AM

Is your 'default guy' loading ok? It really isn't a memory thing, seriously. Not on a new computer. Does it still load on startup? or, are you getting that message when you're working on a figure? Do you run other windows programs in the background?

Turtle ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:59 AM

Theres patches on the curious site and settings for Win 2000. Search here in the forum there is tons of stuff on it. I have found I will have mine all set and it works for months, then wham I get the notice out of memory. The last time I lowered what I had and it's been working fine. It never has done me any good to delete stuff, unless I'm over the limit.

Love is Grandchildren.

L.WAGNER ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 12:24 PM

Zippyozzy, Nope. Installed the program and it will straight up not run. It starts to open the workspace, then gives the out of memory message and then closes the program. I have not got it to work at all. This is just the program, no plug ins or add on models. Figured Id add that later after I save from old computer.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:11 PM

Try booting Windows into safe mode and see if it runs from there--not sure if the screen res will work but atleast you may get a different error message.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 8:08 AM

Before you reinstall try deleting the rsr files stored in the Geometry folders as they can become corrupted even on a fresh install, poser will recreate them once it's working, just the rsr files though nothing else :)

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

zippyozzy ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 12:47 AM

I still have a feeling it might be the 'default guy' that maybe corrupt. If that little guy can't load then Poser 4 won't open. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.