Thu, Sep 19, 3:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: What's Your Favorite Poser Character?

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:58 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:29 PM

Since all these P6 threads are making my dizzy, I was wondering what characters you guys like to use the most in your renders? :)

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:04 PM

The Millennium house cat. :-)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:22 PM

I use V3 a lot out of necessity but my favourite is V2. It has the right balance between versatility and size, IMO.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:23 PM

I'm hooked on V3 right now. I rarely use the animals though. I can barely do the figures! :)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:25 PM

Furrette. But I might be a little biased ....

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:27 PM

For me, Misaki is the 'mama bear'. Simple enough to pose quickly, flexible and graceful enough to look right in any situation.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

wheatpenny ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:28 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

EJ, Aiko3 and the Anime Doll. I use V3 daily for product testing, but almost never in my personal use.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:34 PM · edited Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:35 PM

I might actually go back to EVE in P4 for awhile she was so much easier to conform than the Daz V3 SAE, she drives me nuts lol.

Message edited on: 02/17/2005 19:35

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:43 PM

Gotta be Gladys Emmanual.
She stole my heart.
And put it in a jar by the door :)

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

UrbanChilli ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:50 PM

Victoria 3, but I like Maya Doll as well

DaveK ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:50 PM

Tenten is my favorite character. Anan is a close second.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:58 PM

Anyone using the DAZ V3 SAE? or do you guys like using the standard V3?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:02 PM

I haven't yet used SAE. Not much point for me, since I have the morph packs and I tend to work with a fully loaded V3 anyhow.

My Store

My Gallery

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:07 PM

Elle is my favorite female and M3 is my favorite male. I'm trying to only use Sixus1 figures this month just to give them a chance to circulate into my renders. I particularly like Adam2.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:08 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have all the extra goodies for the V3 SAE, and the standard cloths for V3 don't work very well with SAE either. I mainly use it for the hair, makeup and textures though.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:10 PM

I use SAE sometimes. I haven't noticed that she's any different, aside from the hand-scaling thing. I also use older versions of V3, mainly because I have custom morph packs for them.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:16 PM · edited Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:29 PM

Xantor`s free robot.

What does SAE mean?

Message edited on: 02/17/2005 20:29

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:21 PM

I think it's "Special Anniversary Edition." The latest and greatest version of V3. I haven't found her any different from the old V3, aside from having expression and speech morphs pre-loaded, and scalable hands, like the Elemental has.

Zippy says the old V3's clothing doesn't fit V3 SAE, but I dunno...the example he posted, he was trying to put V1's clothes on V3. I think he may be trying to dress her in the wrong clothes.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:31 PM

The SAE one is 20 megabytes, the standard one is only about 1 and a half megabytes. You would be better just to use the standard one if you have the morph packs already.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:34 PM

Yeah, but I also have morphs that only work on V3 SAE.

Sarte ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:37 PM

Mayadoll, Animedoll, Furrette, Lemurtek's second nature series, various Sixus products. I don't have a singular favorite.

Do the impossible, see the invisible

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:38 PM

Cant they be transferred using morph manager? I would try it out to see, of course then they wouldnt be injection morphs anymore.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:42 PM

Yes, they can be transferred using Morph Manager. Or so I'm told, by people who can use Morph Manager. I'm not one of them. I've tried. For hours. With detailed instructions. With no results. I just don't have the attention to detail to use Morph Manager. At least, for this many morphs. (There are 300 of them.)

One of these days, I'm going to have buy one of those morph transfer programs, like UMT.

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:46 PM

LaRoo...wait no, Sal A. Manda....wait no, Thornes Pookilings...wait no, Demonica & Demonicus....wait no, RDNA's Organia...wait no, Freak....wait no, Voodooie....wait no, Sluggian...wait no, Aw heck; how about a Demonic LaRoo looking Koshini with Organica texture and Pookling ears and just Freak size it! Ya, that'll do!

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:52 PM

I've been rendering that millenium cube pretty frequently, although the hi res plane is actually a lot of fun to work with.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:02 PM

Really, I hate thinking about this sort of question because it only serves to remind me of all the stuff I've bought since I started using Poser.

My Store

My Gallery

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:12 PM

Natalia and her variants. Dina and her variants. Judy for sure. The DAZ figures. Koshini HER LaRoo 1 & 2 Mayadoll and Animedoll Solandra Kaedeko TenTen and variants GIRL Cherry Anime 1 & 2 Neftoon Gal It depends on what I'm trying to do at the time...

raelislington ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:56 PM

M3...until I can afford David and his morphpacks. XD Actualy, I quite like Adam2 from Sixus as well.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 10:03 PM

EJ by 3Dream and Roxanne by Cebas.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

nickedshield ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 10:36 PM

UG, the lean, mean fighting machine...hehehe

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

cinnamon ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 11:01 PM

Bert WW Bear

nakamuram ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 11:15 PM

V3 and Aiko3!!!

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 11:30 PM

file_187246.jpg

Teyon's Master Ki is my current fave.

leather-guy ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 11:45 PM

file_187247.jpg

I tend to use LoRezGuy more than any other character. I use multiple instances as POSE and PLACE standins for higher-poly characters in scenes while setting up renders and effects. Once I'm happy with the composition, "swap out" the LRG's for the other clothed characters I've previously assembled and saved for final tweaking and rendering.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 12:13 AM

Zippy says the old V3's clothing doesn't fit V3 SAE, but I dunno...the example he posted, he was trying to put V1's clothes on V3. I think he may be trying to dress her in the wrong clothes. BTW: I am a female. lmao. I use the old V3 cloths cos I can't find any that says for V3 SAE in the freestuff area. so, needless to say, I realize that the cloths I'm using aren't for this character. I have no more room to add anymore Poser files on my drive. ;)

ghelmer ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 12:36 AM

PLain old V3 with every stooooooopid head and body morph channel injected making her a bloated 107mb sans hair, clothes & textures!! Sucks that I'm lazy and can't be bothered to inject only the morph channels I might need!! I'm also digging Aiko 3 right now too... always been an anime fan and I guess I'm a sucker for those purty BIG eyes!! LOL!! I also like Mike! 3 that is... Don's ok... he has a nice tux! Don't get me started on Judy!! I'll feel the need to start the weekly "I can't stand Judy Thread!" LOL!!! (sorta just kidding!!) So V3 and Aiko 3!! Too many 3's!!! G

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

zippyozzy ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 12:57 AM

107megs??? Jesus. Mine only adds up to about 35megs, includng props lol. Way too many 3's indeed, it confuses the hell out of me. To many Vicky's and not enough room on my drive to fill it up with what I need for SAE. I'm taking the plunge and dropped a render in my gallery tonight. :)

westryde ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 1:00 AM

The PC House Mouse (Daz)

shazz501 ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 2:01 AM

my favorites are all of the koshini family and emotiguy :D what can i say,i'm a kid at heart :D

Mec4D ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 3:55 AM
Online Now!

yea emotiguy is the best!!!! lol for this time... the rest of the 46GB poser stuff wait for later usage... Cath

"Surrender to what it is - Let go of what was - Have faith in what will be "

FreeBass ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 6:30 AM

Absotively, posoloutely, & definately A3 w/ V3's morfs. Or mebbe Trout's cockroach...

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

sueya ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 6:49 AM

Aiko 3 ,Koshini and Kiki.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 6:59 AM

file_187251.jpg

*I use the old V3 cloths cos I can't find any that says for V3 SAE in the freestuff area. so, needless to say, I realize that the cloths I'm using aren't for this character.*

You don't need to use clothes made for V3 SAE. V3's clothing will work just fine. Or at least, just as well as it works on V3.

You may be having a problem because you're using free stuff. The quality of free stuff tends to be spotty. There's often poke-through when you pose. But this is not because you're using V3 SAE. It's because the clothing isn't well-designed.

Example above. Same pose, same clothes. One is V3, one is V3 SAE. Can you tell which is which?

Poke-through is a very common problem with Poser. Well-made clothing will be tweaked to minimize this problem. There might be jcms or other morphs that would help. (For example, if the top above contained breast morphs, you could probably hide the poke-through by dialing up the breast size slightly.)

The problem is not V3 SAE!

FlyByNight ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 7:10 AM

My all time favorite is V2 with characters/textures Erin Marie by Serpentis and Toni/Que by SkoolDaze wearing the Mayan Jewels by Darkworld. Laroo2 and Aiko3 next. V3 with Leanansidhe by Cin-. M3 with Malahkei by GothicAngel. Then the Koshini line!

FlyByNight

Porthos ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 9:46 AM

Aiko 3, Koshini,Ichiro and Kike! Like V3 also!

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

SWAMP ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 10:30 AM

Netherworks V3V2 hybrid....just the perfect combo. YT Laura...reshaped and V3 morphs added. Thorne's dollies for the PT girl.....without the pointy ears.

khorne ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 10:37 AM

V3-V3RR-M3RR,DAZ MILDRAGON, SIXUS ALIENQUEEN,SANCTUM ART SCYTHE, OBIWAN SPACE MARINES AND TBKOEN PREDATOR

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 10:39 AM

Well I would feel like a traitor if I didn't name Sara in the first place (since I am one of the founders of 3dSaraCreations) but in fact, it is true. So my favorites are Sara (by DarkWhisper) PT girl PS girl Kiki and I just bought the preschoolers and the young teens so I guess I'll be using them too. And I like all the toon animals and the emotiGuy of course! Although I don't do renders too often. I use the renders to create graphics for greetings cards or things like that. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 12:37 PM

P4-Lo male and female (with lots of morphs and good textures) Posette is a very good second All others did not last one single hour before being deleted.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

vilian ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 1:52 PM

EmotiGuy :-) And Posette too. Furrette2 by LittleDragon. My Top 3 :-)

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

Tiny ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 6:26 PM

The one and only Fuzzy cat of course! :o)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.