Fri, Sep 20, 3:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Site is almost unbrowsable...

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 1:36 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:34 PM

file_187132.jpg

OK, the last day or so, Rosity has been almost unbrowsable for me, at least. Links all give garbled pages (attached sample), and you have to go back and click on them three or four times, until they give you the page correctly. Anyone else having this problem? No changes on my end.

Browsing with Firefox (as you can see from the sample). Happens in forums, galleries, etc. Both on individual posts and images, and trying to access the forums and galleries. Sample was from trying to browse the galleries. Forums give similar results. Have more images, but don't want to load the page with pics.

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 1:55 PM

Hi RP, No problems on this end..its running pretty well. The screen shots look like a browser, local system or ISP issue to me. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 2:34 PM

I would think that too, Clint, but this is the only site it happens at. I haven't had any similar problems anywhere else, or even here until about yesterday. And I can't think of a single thing that has changed on my end in the past few days. That's why I wanted to let you all know. I have no idea. It just isn't really worth the time to have to try a link so many times to get the page to display. (Of course on a good note, it only took two from the ebot from this message, lol)

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 2:54 PM

Have you tried clearing out your cache? We had a minor system problem this morning around 6:00am system time. But that has been cleared up. Clint

Clint Hawkins

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

artgum ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:43 PM

I don't know if it's related, but I was getting a message in Mozilla Firefox yesterday stating too many requests were being sent to the server. I had to try to log onto Rendo several times. Paul

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:37 PM

Sorry. Took me awhile to get back here. Cleared the cache, still no good. :( And it started yesterday, so that probably wouldn't be the cause. The upside is that I had none of the image problems the other mozilla users are having, lol.

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:38 PM

Hmm...Does it work under NetScape or Internet Explorer? Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:42 PM

I got "MYSQL has gone away" error messages - it looked funny.

Eternal Hobbyist

ย 

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:50 PM

Funny Loaded up IE (never use it, had to go looking, lol). Just jumped around awhile. That came up twice, but then IE gave a waiting to load at the bottom, and then the page jumped to the way it is supposed to be viewed. Firefox won't. Did that make sense?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 4:08 AM

I had the same problem yesterday, RealitysPoison. Both in my IE 6, and Fireox. Seems good to go now. (so far so good) AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 4:40 AM

I suspect it's timing out when the server is busy. Possibly IE is more persistent in trying to re-load the page. This is wholly a guess, though. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

netvampire ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 7:34 AM

I have been having this prob too..last 3 days, tried Ie,opera,firefox cleaned cache ,stopped firewall..etc.etc still the problem persists.. ?

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 9:51 AM

Ya, it seems better today, but I still get it sometimes. But it is nice to know I'm not the only one. :)

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 10:35 AM

I bought stuff online today - site seems to be working.

Eternal Hobbyist

ย 

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 3:11 PM

I haven't had this problem but [for me,] the site has been incredibly slow and difficult to use for much of the the time this past week...

My Renderosity Store

Jaqui ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 3:00 AM

it must be a winders thing, cause never had any glitch with mozilla or netscape, no slowdowns, nothing.

bonestructure ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 10:13 AM

"The screen shots look like a browser, local system or ISP issue to me." Not when it's happening to several people, including me, and I use netscape.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

fingers ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 11:12 AM

I'm having the same problem too. Just seems like the last day or so. I have to keep relaoding the pages to see any images. IE6 Mike

bonestructure ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 11:30 AM

It's also been EXTREMELY slow at times in the last week or so. I may be on dialup, but it shouldn't tale like 3 or 4 minutes to open a page in the forum. Not to mention the massive SQL errors.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Momcat ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 12:29 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 February 2005 at 12:30 PM

Same thing here..I use Firefox, but if this is the ONLY site it happens on, that tells me it's not a browser related issue; and, since I have been using Firefox exclusively for several months now, and this is the first problem of this sort...I really don't think that's it.

I have also found the site to be slower than molasses uphill in January in a Winnepeg deep freeze....and I'm on Broadband.

Message edited on: 02/21/2005 12:30

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 2:56 PM

We are looking into this. FYI, Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 2:58 PM

Thanks, Clint!

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 3:02 PM

RP, Your welcome. Are you still having problems today?? Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 3:34 PM

Yup, just did getting to this message. It seems to not happen as often, but I haven't been on the site as much, so I can't say that for certain.

fyrissian ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 8:22 PM

Hi Clint, I've been having this same problem (as demonstrated by RealitysPoison's screenshot above) for the last several days. I've seen this problem on two different (Windows 2000) systems, using both Firefox and Internet Destro^H^H^H^H^HExplorer. I would normally chalk something like this up to "busy times in server-ville" but it's persisted long enough for me to squeak about it. If you need someone to try different things to nail it down, I'll be happy to play part-time guinea pig... fyrissian

Momcat ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 8:55 PM

Still having problems

apl3d ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 5:47 AM

me too!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.