Thu, Sep 19, 3:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: What's Your Favorite Poser Character?

zippyozzy ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 7:53 PM · edited Fri, 18 February 2005 at 7:58 PM

The problem is not V3 SAE!

No, I know, that's not what I meant lol. I use the freebies a lot because I can't afford to buy everything that I need for the characters at the moment and I have a small drive wih little room to spare. If I could buy the items, beleive me, I would, would make it a whole lot easier but I can't as I am on a part time job at the moment and got scaled down at work. I do prefer the V3 SAE and the M3 SAE though. ;) oh and as a wild guess, the one on the right in the image V3 SAE. I thought V3 would get more votes as the most popular. I use Poser 4, and hope to upgrade to P6 down the road. Message edited on: 02/18/2005 19:58

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 9:00 PM

file_187252.jpg

You don't have to spend money (though it helps ;-). There are some very well-made freebies (and, truth be told, some pretty poor store items). But you'll never find the good stuff if you pass them by because they aren't labeled V3 SAE.

Here's another example. V3 and V3 SAE. Both wearing the same free top by Awful Soul. On the left, you can see that there's poke-thru here, too, though not as bad as on the Bloodrayne top. But the Awful Soul top has morphs built in. Set Breast 7 =0.1 (on the right), and she's decent!

Awful Soul (www.awfulsoul.com) makes some terrific clothing, for sale and for free. Well worth making room on your hard drive for. (The original top here has a lovely embossed metal armor texture; I changed it to plain black so any poke-thru would be clearly visible.)

Oh, and you guessed correctly: that's V3 SAE on the right.

Ardiva ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 10:24 PM

I prefer the MillGirls-PS&PT...next to that I like Koshini as well. :)

rain ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 10:45 PM

Aiko 3, Laroo2, Koshini and her gang, the 'new kids on the block'.
Which one is my favourite depends on what day it is '-)

zippyozzy ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 11:47 PM

Oh, and you guessed correctly: that's V3 SAE on the right. yea!!! Got one right. randym77 thanks for the tips. I still gots much to learn. I lose patience sometimes and giveup too easily when it comes to conforming the cloths. I don't know how you guys do it! I can barely work with V3. I love M3, Mike never seems to give me any real problems like V3 does. ;) When I get my Income Tax Return, I'll be able to order some stuff from DAZ. :)

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 5:42 AM

I love M3, Mike never seems to give me any real problems like V3 does. ;)

Isn't it that way in real life, too? Guys go into a store, buy a pair of pants off the rack without trying it on, and it fits. While we females have to try on 20 different pairs before we find one that fits. ;-)

Hang in there, and you'll figure it out. We've all been where you are, believe me. And hey, if you upgrade to P5 or P6, you'll have dynamic clothes to play with. Easier to fit, but with its own headaches.

Oh, and as for your original question...for human characters, I like David and Stephanie Petite. I also like the new kids a lot - Laura, Luke, Madison, and Matt. DAZ keeps improving their figures, so the newest tend to be the best (technically speaking). M3 has weird-looking muscles, and his face is hard to morph without custom morph packages. V3's butt tends to explode when you pose her in kneeling or bent over positions (SP's looks much better). And V3's arms and shoulders are kind of odd-looking when you pose them; Laura's much improved in those areas.

But there's so much more stuff for V3 and M3 that I probably use them the most.

RobbyBobby ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 1:25 PM

I'm a die hard fan of Lady Littlefox's Koshini and Ichiro group...and all the variations made possible by Capsces Maniken, Puppet and Penelope. It's all I've been using lately...although I keep buying M3 and V3 stuff as well (to be used at some future point in time).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.