Sun, Oct 6, 1:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Davros is finished!

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 10:33 AM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 1:22 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1320600

file_188353.jpg

Normally, I will just add a reply to an existing thread rather than starting a new one, but, dang it, I'm rather pleased with my efforts here. The "e-bots" are not always the most reliable, so please forgive me for starting a new one based upon the same subject. However, I'm providing a link to the original discussion so you can see how the project developed. Post your replies (if any) to whichever thread you feel will be more appropriate. Fans of the BBC science fiction series, "Doctor Who", will hopefully recognize this character. It's Davros, the creator of the infamous Daleks, hideously xenophobic mutants controlling life support/travel machines with fearsome armaments.The features are more (or less) based upon the John Friedlander mask sculpted for Michael Wisher (who debuted the mad scientist in "Genesis of the Daleks"). The figure itself is the enhanced Michael 1/2 .CR2 "Boris" created and sold by Beth "Capsces". The lab coat is actually the chef suit avaialable at PoserWorld. However, I modeled the life support "chair", cranial brace, neural feedback array and cyber-eye using TrueSpace 6.6. I loaded the meshes into UV Mapper Pro to optimize them and split selected vertices. That way, when finally loaded into Poser, surfaces that should be flat and possess sharp edges, do when rendered. I originally planned to offer the chair and its accessaries within the "free stuff" section, but recent policy enforcements have negated that possibility. However, all is not lost. I will probably link the chair at VanishingPoint.biz where I display my other "Doctor Who" related items. Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 11:36 AM

Great stuff! I'm typing this from the obligatory Dr. Who watching position, behind the sofa... ;) Any plans to release the face file? I have Boris.

geoegress ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 11:49 AM

excellet face :)

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 12:25 PM

EnglishBob, the face file has been available since 11/23/2003 (Yeah, 40th anniversary). It used to be right here at R'osity, but since the policy enforcements, I moved the link to VanishingPoint.biz. You can also find a TARDIS (that I optimized for Poser) with weathered textures and an opening door (mesh donated by Mick Imrie and rigging by Little_Dragon and a Baker era TARDIS console I modeled from scratch. Sincerely, Bill

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 4:21 PM

:red face: Thanks Bill, off to get it now... I only just got Boris, after I saw all the lovely villains people were making with him, so I must have passed on Davros when he came out. Apologies.

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 5:07 PM

No need for embarrassment, EnglishBob. I can't count how many free items I ignored until I purchased Victoria and Michael 2. If you didn't have the figure, there'd be no need to look at the items for "Boris". "Boris" is fantastic, BTW. Nearly all my figures are based upon it. There's my Davros, my Peter Cushing inspired Doctor, the Master (Delgado influenced), Ming the Merciless, and a 3D interpretation of an alien captain featured in my online comic strip. Have fun with the face pose! Sincerely, Bill

Lumina ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 6:18 PM

Excellent rendition of this classic Dr Who villain. I loved that show (plan on watching the 'Talons of Wen Chiang tonight!) and think you've captured him perfectly.

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 6:32 PM

Ooh! "Talons..."! That's a great one! So many elements combined into a single story, Sherlock Holmes, Fu Manchu, My Fair Lady, even Tarzan (Leela as the savage in polite society). BTW, thanks for the compliments. Only... Now that I've "captured" him, what do I do with him? ;-) Sincerely, Bill

Lemurtek ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 10:14 PM

Very cool, Bill! Excellent work all the way around! Regards- Lemurtek

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 1:41 AM

Very good, I made a davros chair but yours is probably better. There was a doctor who on tv the other day with leela dressed in victorian clothing, I think it was in a lighthouse, maybe that was the same story?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 3:35 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 February 2005 at 3:41 AM

"Horror of Fang Rock" (the one with the lighthouse) was the next episode after "Talons". Regrettably, not yet available on DVD, although you can find it on VHS. Oh, wait ... I stand corrected. It came out last month for Region 2.

Message edited on: 02/22/2005 03:41

Khai ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 3:45 AM

*psst" Horror Of Fang Rock is on DVD ;)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 3:51 AM

I hadn't checked in the last few weeks.

I've contemplated assembling a Doctor Who video collection, but at the rate the BBC is releasing them, civilisation will have collapsed again before they're finished.

(Leela as the savage in polite society)

"Found floating down the Amazon in a hat box ...."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.