Mon, Oct 21, 11:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Problem with Vue 5 demo

NightVoice ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 12:34 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 9:45 PM

file_188377.jpg

Hello all! Hope all has been well. Now that I finally can get back into doing Vue work, I am thinking about upgrading to V5E so I am trying out the demo. However, I am having a lighting problem. When I create any new scene (standard lighting or higher) everytime I trying to lower the shadow density(or turn it off completely) the entire scene goes darker. For example, the starter scene is just a tan ground with some clouds. If I turn the suns shadow density down it goes grey. I know it never did this in Vue 4. Is this a bug in the demo or have some of how Vue works changed? Thanks all! (this picture is the default scene. First render is default. Second render is when the shadow density is dropped to 50%. NO other changes were made. Same thing happens when I change any lighting's shadows down by even 1%)

deadhead ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 3:45 PM

I think its shadows error, known in first Vue 5 release. It is corrected now, but it seems that this error still remains in demo version.

Byrdie ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 7:21 PM

Somebody has actually gotten this thing to work?! I recently installed it but every time I click the icon I get an error message telling me it won't run and to reinstall the program. Never had this version before so I know it's not expired, anybody know what gives? I'm running WinXP w/1 gig. RAM.

war2 ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 7:21 AM

vue works just fine for me and everyone else that i know of. the only issue i know of that had anything to do with the startup was with the very first version and using non english characters in your username(not sure if the demo still suffers from this or not) but if youre using or similar in your name you might wanna try and change your name. the demo will run for 60 days.

NightVoice ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 10:46 AM

Thanks! :)

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 11:33 AM

Hmph, it didn't even ask for my name when I ran the installer so I don't think that's the problem. But I'll try again and if it still doesn't work I'll pester the company for a fix.

war2 ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 5:34 PM

didnt you have to put in your name (+ possible company name) and serial when you installed vue5?

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 6:02 PM

I thought you meant when I first tried running the program. ::bangs head:: I just entered my name on but left the company line blank. Maybe I shouldn't have, that's happened before with other forms & installers, nothing worked until I entered something -- any thing on a "company" line.

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 6:20 PM

Okay, solved the problem. Turns out I had to let it run on finishing the install and then enter my registration number while connected to the internet. Sheesh! Anyways, now to figure it out. Too bad there aren't any sample scenes included as i'd like to see how it renders on this machine.

Belladzines ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 11:02 PM

in compnay line for anything i normally put "Private" meaning private use.. but thats just me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.