Thu, Sep 19, 5:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:21 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Quote of the Day 2-12-05

dido6 ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2005 at 11:37 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 7:52 AM

Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter. - African proverb

cagewench ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2005 at 7:29 PM

I like that!

dido6 ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2005 at 7:42 PM

What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the rest of the world calls a butterfly. - Richard Bach Sorry this one is so late in the evening. Hope everyone's had a good weekend. :)

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 8:17 AM

I hope you don't mind me throwing one in...but this is exactly why I thought I wanted to be a writer when I was a little girl: I always tell people that I became a writer not because I went to school but because my mother took me to the library. I wanted to become a writer so I could see my name in the card catalog.--Sandra Cisneros

dido6 ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 9:18 AM

That's awesome!! :)

dido6 ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 9:22 AM

By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired. - Nikos Kazantzakis And a bonus Valentine's day quote :) Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage. - Lao-Tzu

TallPockets ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 5:18 PM

"Candy is dandy, but liqour is quicker" (Ogden Nash) -- I felt it most appropriate on this, valentine's day. WINK.

dido6 ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 12:18 AM

LOL! That's great :D I've not heard that in a long time! :)

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 9:30 PM

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. -- Scott Adams

TallPockets ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:48 AM

Methinks that I must truly be 'creative' and someday I will meet 'art'? WINK.

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:56 PM

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." Mark Twain

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:57 PM

"The most valuable writing habit I have is not to answer questions about my writing habits." Christopher Morley

TallPockets ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 2:04 AM

That's never a problem for me, answering questions about my writing habits, that is. I don't know what the heck I'm doing so I can't, and don't have to, explain to anyone. WINK.

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 8:23 AM

My pen is at the bottom of a page, Which, being finished, here the story ends; 'Tis to be wished it had been sooner done, But stories somehow lengthen when begun. -- Byron

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 8:30 AM

The wisest mind has something yet to learn. George Santayana

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 8:34 AM

"In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite." - Paul Dirac

dido6 ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 10:17 AM

Thank you dialyn!! I've had some stuff pop up this week I wasn't expecting at work. But soon, that won't be trouble anymore. :) I'll get back to it tomorrow I promise. :)

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 10:24 AM

Always glad to help you out. :)

deemarie ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 11:14 AM

Before the beginning of great brilliance, there must be chaos. Before a brilliant person begins something great, they must look foolish in the crowd. From the I Ching

TallPockets ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 12:37 PM

Well then, it surely appears that TallPockets is on the verge of upcoming brilliance? WINK.

TallPockets ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 7:07 PM

"Twas the woman who drove me to drink. It was the best thing she ever did for me". WINK. (W.C. Fields).

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 7:19 PM

I wrote the story myself. It's about a girl who lost her reputation and never missed it. Mae West

Tedz ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 7:50 PM

"One is only as good as One's Leaders....and that is why I am hopeless"... A Self Quote :]

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 9:30 AM

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent." - Marilyn Vos Savant

dido6 ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 10:11 AM

A poem is never finished, only abandoned. - Paul Valery

deemarie ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 11:37 AM

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save. - Will Rogers

deemarie ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 11:43 AM

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards. - Robert Heinlein [Sorry, I had to add this additional one, as it made me giggle]

Qualien ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 12:33 PM

Writing is hard--it's a form of punishment in school, and rightly so--and I stood paralyzed before all the different ways this simple message might be put.

Charles Portis, Gringos

Azha ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 9:30 AM

Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor. Anne Lamott-Bird By Bird: Instructions On Writing and Life P.S. good book by the way~

"Every line means something."
Jean Michel Basquiat

dido6 ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 10:06 AM

Never bear more than one trouble at a time. Some people bear three kinds - all they have had, all they have now, and all they expect to have. - Edward Everett Hale

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 1:28 PM

"Everyone gets up the mountain to a certain point - The world would operate much better if we all felt at peace in our own 'base camp' - Not everyone plants the flag". (Comedian, Dennis Miller).

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 2:49 PM

James Thurber: "With sixty staring me in the face, I have developed inflammation of the sentence structure and a definite hardening of the paragraphs."

Tedz ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 3:01 PM

"I am not a Yes Man ...I am not even a Man!" Quote THC.

dido6 ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 11:34 AM

The two most engaging powers of an author are to make new things familiar, and familiar things new. - Samuel Johnson

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 9:36 PM

"It was a book to kill time for those who liked it better dead." No source given.

deemarie ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 6:41 AM

Writing a book is an adventure: it begins as an amusement, then it becomes a mistress, then a master, and finally a tyrant - Winston Churchill

Tedz ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 10:52 AM

"Is that a Banana in Your Pocket...or are You just happy to see Me?"..... Mae West

dido6 ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 11:47 AM

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will land among the stars. - Les Brown

TallPockets ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 12:07 AM

"Youth is wasted on the young". (?)

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 9:22 AM

"Originality does not consist in saying what no one has ever said before, but in saying exactly what you think yourself." - James Stephens

TallPockets ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 6:25 PM

"Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to open one's mouth, and remove all doubt" (?) Sure wish I'd have listened to that one SO many times. WINK.

deemarie ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 5:49 AM

All humanity is passion; without passion, religion, history, novels, art would be ineffectual. - Honore De Balzac

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.