Sun, Sep 22, 4:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: apply face seems dark

tom_b ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 11:06 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:43 AM

When I add the picture and map the face to the Default P5 (don) it looks fine in the face preview screen. When I apply it and look at in the pose menu the face looks extremely dark. I have played the lighting menu and it just doesnt look good. The body skin tone is much lighter and looks good. What am I missing? Thanks, Tom_b

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 11:12 PM

Before you export it to the Pose room, a dialog should ask if you want to match the face color with the body color. Answer yes there and it should lighten your texture to match.

tom_b ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 11:43 PM

I Load Head texture which was created using the face generator. It asks me if its P5 I say yes. I think click Apply figure. From there I hit the pose tab and render. I have experimented in making my own skin tones and they look ok but the face is extremely dark in the pose room. Where/when does it ask you this? If possible can you take a screen shot

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 3:45 AM

It might be better if you show a picture of the figure with the dark texture.

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 3:47 AM

With the face room you are better to press apply texture and spawn morph target because if you use apply to figure it stops some (or all) of the figures morphs from working. If you spawn morph target you have to set the head and eye morphs to 1 to make the figure work.

MarianneR ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 9:04 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=2112286

Dr Geep had a tutorial about the face room recently. Maybe it will answer your question.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.