Tue, Oct 22, 10:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:35 am)

Subject: Poser 5 (And my XP - PC in general) is WAY FASTER now!!!!

ghelmer ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 3:42 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:38 AM

Attached Link: http://www.theorica.net/gamexp.htm

Hi! A friend sent me this link to GameXP this morning and I thought what the heck, P5 is basically crawling for me!! I downloaded & virus scanned the zip... all ok... looked like a respectable company from the website's looks! Ran GameXp and let it do it's thing and rebooted and DANG!!! Not only is everything faster, P5 loads up and swithces between Poses, Figures etc like a dream!!! It's been like molasses lately and this tweak program made it all good in tha hood!! I'm quite pleased and happy with it!! Best part is that's it's a free program!! Try itif you're running XP, you'll like it!! I'm not advertising these guys btw... I've been here a long time so hopefully ya'll can trust me!! :) Your newly speedy pal, G p.s. I'm a gamer too so this totally rocks large!! Hopefully no more killing the explorer.exe before using Poser! Actually I might try that with GameXP too, might be an even better speed increase!!

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 5:28 PM

i'm afraid to even go to a site with the word 'game' in the URL. What does this program actually do? is it a ram manager or what? ::::: Opera ::::

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 5:35 PM · edited Wed, 23 February 2005 at 5:42 PM

Tried it, but didn't notice any speedup.
Maybe my system was already "about right"....

Edit: No, there is a subtle difference.
Menus and dialogs are instantaneous;
previously they had a slight (50 ms?)
delay. It's a keeper!

Message edited on: 02/23/2005 17:42

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Sarte ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 5:57 PM

Enjoy it while it lasts...eventually, things'll start screwing up.

Do the impossible, see the invisible

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

cooler ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 6:07 PM

Some articles you may want to look at before trying this.... Flexbeta geeknewz

Dave8 ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 6:10 PM

all it does is turn of some background stuff and if u want that then its best to do it your self 1 step at a time google what each service does then turn it off if u dont need it

ghelmer ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 6:38 PM

Dang! Looks like a lot of folks had problems with this!! Sorry all if you tried it and it sucked for you!!! Seems to be working great for my system though... I work in IT and it (gamexp) just automatically gets rid of background windows crap that I've always turned off! It's a lot quicker than cleaning out crap in the reg and turning off systems manually! I like it!! G

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 6:38 PM

Well, I have to admit Sarte was right. Things started screwing up almost immediately; clipboard didn't work, file-close didn't work. So I removed the thing.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ghelmer ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 6:42 PM

That sucks ockham!! HOnestlynothing's changed on my system... in the links above they mentioned thumbnail probs and windows fax viewer and they still work for me! Are you running XP Home or Pro? I'm running Pro with Service Pack 2 and I'm a happy camper still!!

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

onnetz ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 7:07 PM · edited Wed, 23 February 2005 at 7:09 PM

The reason things start screwing up or seem to be is because it or one of its dependencies is not running.
As the site states it is for a gaming machine, and not a networked one at that.
So if all you do is play games and are not connected to the internet it might be ok.
I personally prefer to do as someone mentioned and that is to know exactly what the services do and disable or stop each one at a time.

A rule of thumb to go by is that when it comes
to windows, there is no quick fix.. :-)

Message edited on: 02/23/2005 19:09

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it,

just pee on it and walk away. :-)

I wouldnt have to manage my anger

if people would manage their stupidity......

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 7:18 PM

Nope no quick fix....I only rely on my puter techy & autorized websites before I shut down anything...I will not install any program that does this stuff for me. Too much on my puter to risk having any type of snafu. As of now have never had a snafu...knocks on desk wood very hard ;)

raz ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 10:14 PM

your all better off checking out blackviper.com (google it) for a detailed list of XP services , what they do, and if/why you need them. manually disable only the services you need to, keep the ones you do. there's a few GOOD speedup tweaks, reg files, etc. not to sweat the name, it aint a 'hacker' site or nuthin, I wouldnt send you there. This guy, is awesome for XP tweaks... Ive used his tutorials since he got online.

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 10:31 PM

there's some pretty good speedup tips in the current newstand issue of CPU as well. They reference blackviper in the article.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

ghelmer ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 10:49 PM

Well had the thing running all day and still no weirdness or problems! Rebooted twice to see if that would spark anything and nada! A lot processes were already was turned off on my system so perhaps that's why I'm experiencing no problems... however there's still a definate speed increase especially with Poser 5 (20 gb runtime) and all the games I have installed!! Normally for playing something like Doom3 or UT2K4 I stop the explorer.exe process as well and gamexp has given me the same speed increase that doing that does! So, I'm really sorry ockham that things went wonky for you! I'm just happy I'm running completely normal!! G

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 7:13 AM · edited Thu, 24 February 2005 at 7:17 AM

6 pages of guestbook messages & not a single complaint? I start to wonder if there is something seriously wrong with this program. nothing is ever THAT good that not a single person complains about it. hmmmmm I've downloaded it & having gone through the readme it won't do anything for me that I haven't already tweaked to the limit. Remember to back up your Registry before you run it just in case anything does go wrong.

Message edited on: 02/24/2005 07:17

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.