Fri, Sep 20, 12:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Is it possible to use Posette's clothing on V3

nick_brown1967 ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 6:56 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:45 AM

Is it possible to use Poser 4 clothing from Posette's wardrobe on Vikki3? In particular the polo neck sweater If it is possible, is there any links or tutorials on how to achieve this? I have the Tailor, but it confuses the heck out of me. And it also says that unless the clothing item was designed for the character you are applying it to, then go back and select another item of clothing that is for V3. Thanks.

Phantast ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 7:01 AM

The answer is essentially no. In theory you might be able to remodel the mesh and re-conform it, but this is made extra difficult by the fact that for Posette the breasts are part of the chest, and for Vicky they are part of the collars.

blonderella ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 8:11 AM · edited Thu, 24 February 2005 at 8:14 AM

I was needing to ask a similar question, if it's not out of line to do so in nick's post...what about using V1/M1 clothes on V3/V3toV2, or M3/M3toM2? I see a lot of awesome outfits that are made for Vicky or Mike, and wonder if I can use them, or tweak them somehow, to use on my V3/M3 since I dont have the V1/M1...or, should I just buy the V1/M1??? thanks for any insight, and sorry Nick if I am hijacking your post...if so, let me know and I'll remove it :)

Message edited on: 02/24/2005 08:13

Message edited on: 02/24/2005 08:14

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 8:24 AM

nick_brown: there is (or was) a V3 / Posette hybrid, made by fitting Vicki's head to Posette's body. If you aren't bothered about the body shape, that would be a way to do it. If you're interested, I'll try and remember where I saw it. blonderella: Vicki 1 and Vicki 2 are the same shape; likewise, Mike 1 and Mike 2 are the same and can share clothes freely. They differ only in the number of morphs available. In other words: Vicki 1 clothes will fit V3toV2.

nick_brown1967 ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 8:36 AM

EnglishBob. Yes I would be interested in tracking down that hybrid. Thanks. I guess the other route I could take is to use the Daz figure V2 to posette. but I really wanted to use the V3 head morphs. If you track down that link, can you let me know. Thanks..

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 8:53 AM

The V3-Posette hybrid was made by Netherworks, but isn't on his site any more (as far as I can see), probably because of bandwidth limitations. I have it at home, so if redistribution is allowed I can send you a copy later today. Otherwise, I'll have to ask permission. One other proviso: the hybrid is RTE encoded to the original V3, and rumour has it that the latest free SAE version of V3 is different and won't allow decoding. If so, either Netherworks or I would have to re-encode it. Which V3 do you have?

blonderella ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 9:03 AM

EnglishBob, would you mind terribly if I asked for the hybrid as well? (if you cant, I understand) I think the version of V3 in my Poser library is the V3 SR2, and the V3 to V2 SR1 (if this is what you need to know???) I purchased V3 about a year ago, it's not the free one being offered....ps, what is the V3 Blank SR1?? I dont know what the purpose of this item is, what is it used for? thanks SO much for your awesome help!! :D

nick_brown1967 ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 9:06 AM

I brought V3 a couple of years back when Daz first released it. so its not the latest free version. Thanks again.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 9:09 AM

file_190677.jpg

Sure thing, if it's possible to do it, I'll probably post a temporary link in this thread, so make sure your ebots are working. ;) The version that Netherworks made should be ok with SR2 (I think that's the version I have). The V3 Blank is for clothing makers, to give them something to base Joint Parameters on. If you don't do that, you don't need her. I've attached a picture of V3-P4 in action. If this doesn't work out, I'll feel like a heel for tempting you all. :)

blonderella ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 10:38 AM

no worries if you cant EB, wont be the end of the world...but I sure do appreciate you trying! :D and thanks for clearing up the V3 Blank thing for me, I've wondered for a long time but felt silly asking L

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 10:55 AM

Attached Link: http://www.ebonshire.net

The hybrids were created by Netherworks and they are being hosted by Crescent. They're in the Freebies - Contributors section :)

~ Meow ~

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 11:00 AM

Attached Link: http://www.ebonshire.net/freebies/guest3.php

Thanks tetra - no worries for me, then. :)

nick_brown1967 ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 11:49 AM

EnglishBob and Tetra1. Thanks for that.

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 11:57 AM

You're very welcome! - Glad I could help :)

~ Meow ~

Phantast ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 5:58 PM

Actually, I would have use for a hybrid with Posette's head and Vicky 3's body - don't suppose anyone has done that?

blonderella ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 8:43 PM

thankyou EB & Tetra1...I really appreciate both your help immsensely! :D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.