Thu, Sep 19, 6:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Ok Poser 6 will be released Spring of 2005

mommyphant ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 3:52 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 10:58 AM

When is that I wonder? Mid March or mid April or early June, Hmmmmmmmmm just wondering. I can't wait I pre-ordered

Message edited on: 02/24/2005 15:55

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 3:54 PM

Well Curious labs has said that if your credit card expires in march that "you should be ok"

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 5:44 PM

Is this for the hard disks? I'd rather buy the hard disks than the dl. I have P4 anyway and won't be able to use an upgrade. It's for the whole package right?

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 5:47 PM

You can buy an upgrade for P4. It's $20 more than the upgrade price for P5 owners. But do look at the system requirements first. P4 will run on machines that would choke on P5, let alone P6.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 5:56 PM

I was kinda hoping to bypass upgrading to P5 and buy the disks for P6. I don't have a burner with my laptop. I should be able P6 though. I have XP Pro on a Dell Laptop. Does P6 require a new graphics card? If so, then, I'll be left out in the cold. I'll have to go read the P6 specs.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 6:00 PM

You can bypass P5 and buy the disks for P6. There's upgrade for P4/PP users. It's $149. You can choose either boxed disks, or downloadable. If you choose the physical copy, you have to pay another $10 shipping. P6 doesn't require a new graphics card, but a good graphics card is recommended, to take advantage of the OpenGL previews.

mommyphant ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 6:15 PM

I was speaking in terms of release date. Spring is about 3 month's long isn't it? I hope we don't have to wait for 3 months.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 6:17 PM · edited Thu, 24 February 2005 at 6:20 PM

Ok, cool. I was just at their website and tried to signup for their newsletter but it wouldn't go through lol. Second time trying to register. I'm guessing we won't have to wait that long for the release, I bet once the dl's and the upgrades are done, the boxset will be out by then. :)

Message edited on: 02/24/2005 18:20

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 6:18 PM

I think they are planning to release it soon. In March, from the hints Katherine dropped. But of course, what they plan may not be what happens. In particular, the Mac version may take a little longer than the PC version. They are aiming to get both out at the same time, but Katherine said the Mac version is usually more difficult, and hence more likely to be delayed.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 6:21 PM

Laptops often are difficult to upgrade. It's one huge advantage desktops have over laptops. The graphics card is probably built into the motherboard.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 6:28 PM

yeah, I tried looking and there's no way to do it on mine. I gave up my old compaq desktop and traded it in for the laptop I have now. I kept for fingers crossing for installing P4 and it works without a problem. I'm sure P6 will work for me. I'm sure it won't be long before it's released.

stonemason ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 7:19 PM

Spring of 2005...hmmm,thats in November for me,gives me time to save I guess :o)

Cg Society Portfolio

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 7:26 PM

But don't you get tired of walking around upside-down all the time? ;-)

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 8:11 PM

Welp, for me, I'm in no hurry to get P6, even though, it looks cool. More time to saveup my pennies. :)

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 8:40 PM

I get the impression that CL's target date is mid to late March but there is something going on that leaves that date in question. I also get the impression that they will have both the download and shipped version released on the same day and they want the mac versions the same day as well. and to be honest, even if they did know with relative certinty i wouldn't blame them one bit for not committing to the date given the opinions i've seen expressed in these forums.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

gothicwriter72 ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 12:22 AM

Hello all! I preorderd too. LOL. Does any one know if the shadows will show up on the imported backgrounds now? Emily

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 5:12 AM

I doubt it. How would Poser know how far away the imported background is? Can't calculate shadows without that info. But I imagine you could use the new "shadow catching" function to get shadows on the background.

Uzilite ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 6:03 AM

You can have shadows on imported background even in Poser 4. Have your background mapped to a cube then strech the cube to the size your rendering window.

gothicwriter72 ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 8:47 AM

OK thanks, using the cube is kind of a pain. LOL. I can always hope. Emily

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 11:28 PM

Just to be picky about things, they have until june 20 to get out a "spring release' :-)

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 5:45 AM

Yes, we know, but they also said that credit cards expiring in March should be okay, but if they expire in February, hold off on ordering. To me, that means they expect to ship in March.

Though what they plan and what actually happens may be two different things...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.