Fri, Sep 20, 11:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Priceing of Images for use on the internet.

Randys ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 10:51 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:48 PM

I had been asked by a design house about the purchase of a series of photos. They want the exclusive rights to the images granting me the right to portfolio. It's a total of ten images. Usage would be for internet and cd publications such as client training. Not for print. Does anybody have a idea of what would be a fair price? I have done some research with several stock photo companies using managed rights pricing. Averages are around 165.00 each for this type of usage but that is for a 3 year license. Any thoughts about exclusive license. Randy

JordyArt ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 2:36 PM

I'd say it depends more on what value YOU place on the images. If they're images that it would be hard for someone to get something similar, or are a unique event, aim high and let them talk you down a little bit. If they're good photo's but the sort of image most good photographers could come up with, aim a bit lower. If you're verbally quoting them, let them know the results of your research! If you just want, say, $300, tell them that the going rate is $165.00 for 3 years but you'll let them go for the $300..... Let's face it, for 10 pics they're gonna expect a bulk price anyways. Lordy, if I was asked I'd personally snatch $1000 for all ten and run like fook......! Actually, I'd probably settle for $250 and still be smiling. Come to think of it, if there was an attractive secretary who..... ahem yeah, well, you get the idea.... (",)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.