Thu, Sep 19, 6:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Poser

bruskasse ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 10:00 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 2:56 PM

So.. How does Poser work.. I've got the program..even V3 downloaded, but I really cant get it working. How do i apply the changes (Skin,eyes...++) .. Is there anyone who have a "Get started"tut or some advice, before i loose my temper with this..Please? Pleeeeeeeeease??!!! :)

neilp ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 10:04 AM

Load Victoria into your scene. Have a look in your Pose library for V3 MAT Poses. Double click on a mat Pose and then render it.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 10:15 AM

What version of poser do you have? It can take a little while to get use to the controls, for someone whose never used it before. E.D.

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 10:16 AM

bruskasse, you may wish to revist your other thread where I just posted some advice. Also, can you say how things are going with your interaction with the user manual? Specifically Chapter 11? Also, I will say that those suggest a newcomer at this level download and learn on V3 may be guiding a person into unnecessary complexity. ::::: Opera :::::

bruskasse ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 10:29 AM

aaah..bollocks.. ill just uninstall it...blah..

AlteredEgo ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 10:35 AM

Chapter 11 is needlessly confusing, since it has you go into the Hair Room, deal with the Group Editor, etc. Many of us have been using Poser for years, and never done that stuff. Try doing a search for Geep's tutorials.

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 10:37 AM · edited Fri, 25 February 2005 at 10:39 AM

If it took 29 minutes for you to lose patience with waiting for answers, it's probably just as well that you uninstalled Poser. I can't think of ANY application that you can learn in a half hour. If you are new to 3D, you need to take your time to explore. You are expecting too much too soon. As someone suggested, do a search for Dr. Geep's tutorials, they are good for beginners.

Message edited on: 02/25/2005 10:39

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 10:41 AM

a person uninstalling and giving up that quickly...are you also planning on selling your license or in some way getting your money back? I'll purchase your seat of Poser5 for $40.00, just send me an IM ::::: Opera ;::::

geep ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 11:34 AM

$45.00 ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

jupiterkris ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 12:44 PM

hehe

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 12:54 PM

$39.00 and a copy of my short essay "How To Translate British Swear Words Into American" ::::: Opera ::::

geep ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 1:50 PM

Hey Opus manys, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo................ T'heck with Poser ... how kin ah git a copy of dat essay? ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 2:42 PM

X Rated, is that okay?

diolma ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 3:00 PM

LOL! English->USA American: "Blast" = "Dangit"; "Bother" = "Dangit"; "Drat" = Dangit"; "Oh! Pooh!" = "Dangit + Bullsh*t" ... there's a couple more, but I've forgotten them, Dangit! Chers, Diolma

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 4:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com

is that the dog's bollocks, or what?..;) heck, I've been using Poser 4 for almost 2.5 *years* and I haven't got it down right. Heck, just play with it, make mistakes, do the 'what happens if I do this', etc. Even my 5 year old granddaughter has fun with it. If it's the money, you could always try Daz Studio for free(is that needlessly cruel? just wondering). Give it another chance.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

zippyozzy ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 6:29 PM

oh man, I missed a good thread lol. I doubt he'll give it up that easily. ;)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 1:06 AM

ArtyMotion, 29 minutes? I bet there's an "Evelyn Wood Speed Drawing" course out there that teaches people how to set up and render a 3D scene inside a half hour (not including postwork)... all he has to do is find it. ;^) I remember the walk-through for building a castle inside a fishbowl which was in the manual for RayDream. It only took about 4 hours to cover the basics, but at the end I figured that I could do what I needed to do with the program and then hit all the needed chapters. I had a deadline, and learning a 3D program well enough to meet it, within a week, was some sort of miracle. I'd never have expected to learn it inside a half hour! Carolly

brigadier ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 9:15 PM

Hasn't been easy learning Poser, but it has definitely been rewarding. Not sure about the 29 minute guy. When I was teaching electronics in California, the course used the "water flow" analogue of current. Had a student who tied a knot in a lamp cord, the lamp didn't go out, so he quit the course ...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.