Mon, Sep 9, 4:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Betty Page Poses and rendering Supermodel Vickie's hair

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2001 at 7:49 AM ยท edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 4:23 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.bbay.com/cfwebstore/

file_141506.jpg

I confess, I actually bought the Betty Page pose set from BBay. I'm just like the rest of you guys. I don't buy poses, I MAKE poses, but the thumbnails looked so good, and when I found out that they were all actually made using using SMV, I couldn't resist. Anyway, I like 'em, very well done, and I don't get any kind of commission for this shameless plug! (We both just sell out of the same store). The above is one of the Poses, with new shoes that will come with a future package. Which bring me to the purpose of this message- Poser has problems with the fineness of SMV's hair, and with the Hollywood, and similar hair too, the anti-aliasing just isn't exact enough, the above was rendered in a 1500 x 2000 window in Poser, then resized down in Photoshop, with much better results. Only took about 4-5 minutes to render on my P500.

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2001 at 8:09 AM

May I ask what resolution you rendered her at? Thanks

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2001 at 2:48 PM

It was some odd resolution, about 1550 wide x 2010 high, I forget what dpi, the dpi doesn't matter anyway. Main thing is you want it abot 2X or 3X the "finished" size.

PJF ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2001 at 3:24 PM

Does the shadow map size make a difference Jim? I don't render much in Poser, other than to see progress. It's funny, I think there's a similar situation with your 'Hollywood Hair' models at DAZ (Zygote). Various pics of them I'd seen (including and especially the ones at DAZ) had put me off them for a while. I picked them up during the Christmas sale, and didn't open them for a while. Now that I have, I am extremely pleased that they are just WAY better than I was expecting when I render in Bryce. The only downside is that, due to all those multiple layers of transparent material, Bryce's old chugger of a raytrace engine takes an age to finish! The trick with rendering big and resizing down works wonders for just about every image. It's helps a lot at losing that '3Dness' you get with some renders no matter how realistic the lighting.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2001 at 7:18 PM

PJF- The shadow map has to be increased when you see the funny artifacts on light colored surfaces, I don't bother changing it otherwise, but if I see them I double it. This one had (I think!) the standard shadow map of 256. I also render most of my stuff in Bryce, about 90% of the renders on my various pages at BBay were done in Bryce, once you get the shadows right (I usally wind up with about 5 or 8 lights) it renders nicely, but sooooo slowly, I agree. Zygote wants all their stuff on a white background, so you are almost forced to render in Poser.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.