Mon, Oct 7, 8:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: TurboSquid

EricofSD ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 1:56 AM ยท edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 6:25 AM

file_191148.jpg

Ok, we don't need a $799.00 basketball in .obj format, but, I signed up for a free account and typed "free" in the search box. I was somewhat amazed at what came up. Several dozen pages of items.

So I downloaded this F5 in .obj. After loading it into Bryce I learned that it was render ready. I made no texture adjustments. Even the canopy has a transparent look to it that was already built in. In fact, I never entered the texture editor. Just threw in an Agor sky and some water and rendered.

Might be fun to check out some of their other freebies.

draculaz ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 2:05 AM

yeah that model rocks. whenever i search for a freebie, the first place i go to is turbosquid. also it's great because they host your models for free. drac

RodsArt ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 3:21 AM

Love it when you a render can be thrown together quick with a nice result like that. turbosquid has always been a good friend. ;)

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 9:46 AM

I went looking for the F5 didnt find it.

ysvry ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 10:24 AM

yeah why dint you put the link in? nice render

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 1:45 PM

Yeah, I have that one too. Needs to be remapped with different insignia for the stuff I want to do with it though. It is one of the better free models that I have downloaded. Gotta love that TURBOSQUID.

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 1:49 PM

I have been wondering about entering the "Turbsquid sweepstakes". What I am talking about are models like the $799 basketball. All you need is to sell one model for a BIG SCORE!! Like winning a sweepstakes. You could make a morphing ball that changes from a basketball to a baseball to a golf ball and sell it for the discounted price of $2000.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 6:22 PM

Is there some Sarcasm there? anyways, anyone have a link to that Model? And I find when doing a search for the free stuff I get different results depending if I have chosen the advanced search or regular search or Regular Search + Advanced Search or category picked with Regular search. its hard to explain but i can get different free Items using 3 different method of searches from the Same Category. I found 3 different swords this way.

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 12:08 PM

Looks great, love that sky.

EricofSD ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 2:09 AM

I went back to find the link and didn't. Guess the search doesn't work well. I found it originally by typing in "free" in the search box after logging on and clicking through the pages. Sorry, I guess I didn't quite get this for everyone.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.