Thu, Oct 3, 1:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Lines appear on on "screen" with mapped image

renderclipps ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 5:45 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 1:30 PM

file_191453.jpg

Hi All I'm rendering a picture which has a screen (a primative square) with an image mapped to it. However once I render it the image on the "screen" appears but with lines through it. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

renderclipps ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 5:48 AM

file_191454.jpg

These are the settings I'm using...

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 6:01 AM

Not sure if it will help, but I wouldn't attach the image to the spectacular color node. If you want it to look mat then reduce the spectacular value :) Hope that helps John :)

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

MungoPark ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 6:41 AM

Attach the image to the Alternate_Diffuse channel. Set Diffuse_Value to 0. This will fix it.

geep ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 7:03 AM

Hi renderclipps,

Do not use the Square prop (which has 2 sides).

Use the One Sided Square prop.

=OR=
Use a very small displacement value to separate the 2 sides, i.e., front and back, of the square.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 7:06 AM

Either use the single sided square or add a very tiny displacement (0.001 in channel value connected to a Simple Color node with white selected).

Fazzel ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 8:35 AM

And you can leave it plugged into diffuse color, that isn't the problem, like geep and nruddock said, it is the diplacement. With a two sided square prop, the sides are so close together, that you are seeing both sides in your prop. The diplacement moves the sides apart slightly so you can no longer see the other side, which you are seeing now.

MungoPark ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 8:53 AM · edited Sun, 27 February 2005 at 8:55 AM

my solution renders faster.............. see also here: http://www.keindesign.de/stefan/poser/firefaq.html#3

Message edited on: 02/27/2005 08:55

elenorcoli ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 9:15 PM

the prop probably is not uv mapped, this has happened to me means try uv mapper, or use grouping tool in mat editor to group and then hit the uv button

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.