Thu, Sep 19, 3:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Ok, How's This For A V3 Render?

zippyozzy ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 1:36 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:52 AM
xantor ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 2:02 PM

The shadows look a bit rough, you might need to make the shadow map size bigger.

vilian ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 2:05 PM

I'd rather ask about this weird skirt, doesn't look too good in the front. But image is nice and simple, so keep it. Empty gallery doesn't look too good :P

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

Xena ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 2:07 PM

Yeap, Xantor is right, increase your shadow maps to something like 1500-2000 (if you have a slow system, turn off shadows for all lights except one and just increase it that one). Also, change the default colouring to white or a bluish off white to give a more realistic colour. And hey, well done! You're getting there :)

Jackson ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 2:12 PM

If you're after a studio portrait look, the crop should be much closer to the girl; even for a full-body shot. Also the shadow--if any--should be much lighter and softer, barely noticeable. I'd have a smooth backdrop, too.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 3:54 PM

lol. I had trouble fitting the skirt. I'm not sure why the shadows did that. I'm in P4. I tried to get a closeup but it kept cutting it off.

Jackson ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 4:27 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=2136906

P4 doesn't matter. For proper crop, adjust focal length and move the camera forward or back from the model. Check this excellent thread for focal lengths.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 9:32 PM

I'm on a small laptop, not sure if that matters but every time I try to do a closeup in any angle I get cutoff. Can't seem to make my doc window opn up wider than 400 x 400 without it cutting off my dials.

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 1:15 AM

Hmm... I used to use P4 on a laptop with a 15-inch screen. I think my resolution was set at 800 x 600 or 1028 x 764. Either way, I don't remember anything being "cut off." Maybe if you increase your screen res that would help. And can you post a screen shot of what you mean by "cut off?" Also, 17-inch monitors are pretty cheap these days; especially used ones. If your laptop has a port for it, you could get one and use that. It might save you some headaches...in more ways than one :)

zippyozzy ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 1:21 AM

heh, yeah I know, I really could use a brand new laptop. I try to open the doc window as wide as possible to try a closeup and parts of the body seems to get cutoff. I'll try and do another render to show what I mean I am so not going to get the hang of this. I don't even think I have a 15 inch screen. It's real small and lightweight. ;)

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 3:46 AM

If you mean it starts to cover up the dials themselves, grab onto the words over the dials and drag that puppy over to the far right, like where the library doohicky pops out from. Then it's hidden when the library is open but there once you minimize the library's handle doomafloogie again. That buys you a little more real estate for the doc window, even if just temporarily. You can always drag the dials back where you want them when you're done messing around like that. All those tools can be dragged (drug?) around, just click on the title of each and tuck it where you want. Camera, lights, all that stuff. Forgive all the technical terms, it's late/early.

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 4:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1762047

DrGeep has a pic that better explains this in post 21 of this linked thread. Hope that's what you were talking about, if not... nevermind. ;)

FreeBass ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 11:53 AM
Online Now!

But...but...but... She has CLOTHES on! & she ent in a temple.... & where's her sword? Nope, not a good Vic pic ;-)

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

zippyozzy ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 12:14 AM

If you mean it starts to cover up the dials themselves, grab onto the words over the dials and drag that puppy over to the far right, like where the library doohicky pops out from. Will try that. I don't do temples or swords sorry. I think the gallery has enough of those already lol. I'll check it out, thanks for the tips guys. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.