Thu, Oct 3, 4:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Other Poser forums?

aeilkema ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 5:05 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 4:29 PM

Are their any other Poser forums out there that are as lively as this one?

Been around for a while here now, but all of imo junk aroud here (sexual tinted stuff), doesn't really agree with my lifestyle and at times bthers me. I'm working from home a lot and my kids sure don't need to be seeing half of the stuff around here. So I'm looking for other poser forums that are still lively and good, but without all of the junk.... are they out there somewhere?

Message edited on: 02/27/2005 05:07

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 5:39 AM

You might want to spend some time at Daz3d.com or PlanIt3D.com, they both have active forums with Poser QnA but less than average referrals to sex. Other than that.... pretty much all the forums have a certain amount of adult tinting to them since the majority of us are adults. What exactly do you find distasteful here? The text posts are fairly tame, I imagine you're referring to posts with nude images in them? Just curious and it would help with referring you to other sites. BTW, ignore any suggestions to go to oseroticaPay, enderoticaRay or aunchyMindsRay (those names are encrypted with pig latin so as not to corrupt any young minds). They talk about sex at those sites quite frequently so don't let anybody trick you!

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 5:43 AM

I thought of a couple others that might suit you. http://netherforums.com (Netherworks) http://www.posetteforever.com (Tormentor) http://poserforums.com (Sixus)

Irish ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 9:49 AM

Attached Link: The Eclectic Guild

We also have a very friendly forum over at The Eclectic Guild! We run monthly contests and have a lot of fun. Come for a visit! :) Irene

Becco_UK ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 10:55 AM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/

RuntimeDNA is also an excellent site with a dedicated Poser 5 forum. Planit3D is good. The Forum at DAZ is too 'distant' from an increasing number of users. The one I tend to use most is this one - Renderosity.com.

aeilkema ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 11:38 AM

"The text posts are fairly tame, I imagine you're referring to posts with nude images in them? Just curious and it would help with referring you to other sites." Yes and also to a lot of the content sold here and the galeries, which are freely accessable. Also some of the ads flying around are that brilliant Don't feel like browsing through lot's of images each day to find a decent one. I'm a member at DAZ forums too, but find those very distant too. Also most of the post there are to much related to DAZ stuff. Besides that I don't like the way moderators moderate over there, to 'aggressive'imo.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

jaybutton ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 11:49 AM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com/

I would go with the DAZ forums. They are almost as active as those here and in my opinion the least sexual of any of the forums mentioned above. Good luck, Jay

zippyozzy ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 1:46 PM · edited Sun, 27 February 2005 at 1:47 PM

I just saw a somewhat nude female in the gallery here. Breast is exposed so I can understand what you mean. They should rate the stuff here as for adults so parents can keep their kids from viewing it.

Message edited on: 02/27/2005 13:47

Engel47 ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 2:43 PM

Attached Link: http://www.Innertraveler.com

You could also try Innertraveler - a fairly young site - but growing daily - and in need of people to get the forums off the ground!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 8:46 PM

Well, you can filter your preferences so that you don't see nude images at all. It won't filter out the violence, which bothers me far more than an exposed nipple or kissing couple. Nobody has mentioned 3dcommune: they are about the friendliest and least controversial site, so don't get talked about much. The sites with the highest exposure are usually the ones with problems or troublemakers or heavy-handed policies. Carolly

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 10:00 PM

DAZ and 3DCommune are probably about the tamest Poser-related forums around. At least as far as the "major" Poser sites are concerned. Certain small sites might fit the bill better, but I am unfamilar with them.

Renderosity is actually pretty tame too, relatively speaking -- far, far more so than it used to be. Much to the anger/disappointment of some.

I'm a member at DAZ forums too, but find those very distant too. Also most of the post there are to much related to DAZ stuff. Besides that I don't like the way moderators moderate over there, to 'aggressive'imo.

That's an interesting statement.

Generally speaking, "toned-down" forums pretty much require "aggressive" moderating. Without tight moderation, forums tend to slide towards flame fests -- not to mention the fact that the content of posts is largely unregulated.

Non-aggressive moderating/cleaned-up content are pretty much mutually-exclusive ideas. Somewhat of a contradiction in terms.

"Kid-safe" generally means heavy moderator control. It's virtually impossible to have the one without the other.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

sixus1 ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 1:56 AM

Ummm...we aren't an erotic site, but we do get rather foul-mouthed at times. Just an FYI.... >;) --Rebekah--

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 3:12 AM

Renderotica is ok too, just remember to steer clear of the galleries, the store, the forums......um come to think of it that place is so adult tinted it makes renderosity look like a morning at kindergarten :D

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 6:58 AM

Foul language at poserforums.com? No, say it isn't so Rebekah! =P

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 9:32 AM

...opening a simple forum/community for kids who do 3D/CG artwork? Dunno if Poserkids.com is taken or YoungPosers or whatever, but it might be a decent idea... /P

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 11:17 AM

I think that a Poser forum/site specifically oriented towards children would be a good idea.

Generally speaking, I don't believe that any of the major Poser-related sites are truly 100% kid-safe. There's simply too much adult-themed material floating around.....some of the firey debates over matters like copyright issues or personalities can get too nasty for children. Without even mentioning sexual material in the process.

IMO -- children don't belong in that type of environment. Children should be allowed to be children. They don't need our issues stuffed into their heads. They aren't equipped to deal with it. In fact, many adults aren't equipped to deal with it, either..........

So yes -- Poserkids.com would be a good idea.

Becco_UK ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 11:28 AM

Xenophonz: Very good idea. Perhaps Renderosity should set up a properly supervised sub-web specifically for children (with age verification)- Renderkids.com Still depends on adults supervising/monitoring their children when at the monitor screen though. That's were all the positive ideas fall down - Either parents or guardians do not care or they do not have sufficient computer knowledge. Also, don't forget the pervs who would be attracted to a childrens own site!

slinger ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 11:59 AM

Hi-diddly-aye neighbours. We folks over at PlanIt 3D aren't above a little cussing and swearing yanno. Why, only last month I saw a "drat" in one of our forums, and I'm sure there were at least two "darns" last year alone ;)

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 12:11 PM

"Also, don't forget the pervs who would be attracted to a childrens own site!" The admins could keep an eye on that easily enough; rig it up so that PM's are monitored, and that any known/suspected-with-proof pervs could be banned on short notice. PHPBB also has a facility to automatically convert known obscene words into whatever you want them to convert to - such as "shit" turning into "shoot" once it gets posted, or somesuch (you as the admin get to edit that list and their conversions.) I remember playing with it back when DAZ' forums were just a hidden test area. /P

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 12:37 PM

Once a forum is made truly safe for kids, then very few adults will be interested in posting there.

Children are a different race from adults, and they should be treated as such. Kids aren't allowed to drive: they shouldn't be allowed to jump into something as potentially hazardous as the average Poser-related forum, either. They don't belong here.

Giving them their own 3D site would be a good idea.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.