Sun, Sep 22, 4:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: whats best way to have BIG head small body

tom_b ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 11:21 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:32 AM

whats best way to have BIG head small body I tried to scale the head 300% and liked the overall head to body ratio but the neck looked really stupid I then turned the neck non visible and tried to angle the camera. A better way would be to have the head attached to whatever the neck is attached to Could someone leave some tips on how to create this and have it look "good" from different angles

iamonk ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 1:27 AM

Scaling bodyparts has always seemed to give me something undesirable. How about using magnets? You can have it affect multiple bodyparts.

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 4:44 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1757

If you don't mind using Victoria2 you can pick up Shazam over at Daz3D. Here's the link. Easy to work with, kind of a fun character actually.

tom_b ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 6:19 AM

Is there a male version?

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 6:38 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=30919

Strangely enough, the male version is here. =)

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 6:41 AM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=10822

Nightstar3D did a free M2 version, it's in the Daz freepozitory.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 7:52 AM

I wish there were M3/V3 versions. I gather Shazam did not sell very well. I suspect it was at least partly because it was for V1/2. Face it: stuff for V1 and M1 just doesn't sell well any more. I really liked Shazam, but was waiting for the V3 version. Most of the clothes, textures, etc., I have are for the generation 3 figures. So the big benefit of Shazam - being to use standard clothes with it - wasn't really a benefit for me, and probably many customers like me.

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 10:26 AM

Yeah, I ended up in the same boat.. I figured there would ba lot of V2 stuff around for shazam, and then after getting her, found out there was very little. Damned shame, cause I really liked what he did with her. I think I only played with her a little, and never even used her for one render.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

FreeBass ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 11:08 AM

Best way I found to get a big head = LOTSA beer...

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 10:31 PM

I think DKE misjudged his market. He preferred V1/M1, because he had a lot of stuff for them, and they were lower-res. I think he forgot that an awful lot of us starting using Poser after V3 was out, and never got V1/2 and all her clothes, textures, etc. Plus, if you're using the figures to make avatars of real people, or cariacatures - their natural use, IMO - the higher-res generation 3 figures are much better. It's too bad. I think if he'd done it for V3 instead of V2, it would have been a success.

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 1:00 AM

How about us poor Posset users. I have ordered P6 but I am sure I'll stillbe running the P4 characters! V2 sometimes. Oy memory bloat and cash drain... can't go there. (boohoo!)

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 8:35 AM

Momodot: if you are still using only posette, then you really need to start getting some of the quality characters out there that are cheap, or free. Aiko3's base is free. Daz Michael and Vicky 3 base characters are free. Furette is free. And memory is pretty cheap still, unless you buy it in big chunks.. and memeory for older systems is even cheaper as well. I picked up an extra 256k for the wife for about $10 after rebates.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.