Sun, Sep 22, 8:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Installation Error Message, Vue 4

Compo ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 7:05 AM · edited Wed, 14 August 2024 at 12:40 AM

Hi people, I'm hoping someone can help with this error I get when installing Vue 4. I picked up a really cheap copy of Vue 4 and installed it without problem on my old Win 98 computer. But, when trying to install on my main XP system I get this message box at the beginning - F:WINDOWSSYSTEM32AUTOEXECBAT.NT The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Chose close to terminate the application Well it sound to me like my Vue 4 isn't compatible with XP. Maybe it's XP SP2 that's the problem (I have the upgrade) as I also get this error trying to install MS World Atlas 98, which as fine without the SP2 Service pack installed. I may have answered my own question here, but any confirmation would be welcome as I might? reinstall XP without SP2, which would be a massive and inconvenient job to do as you'll appreciate. Or does anyone know of a fix. Thanks for any help! LB

videodv ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 11:07 AM · edited Tue, 01 March 2005 at 11:12 AM

You have a corrupt file that loads in 16 bit proggies. Just go to microsoft website and type in the error message in the search box and it should take you to the place where you can get the answer to help you put it right.

hope this helps.

videodv.

Message edited on: 03/01/2005 11:10

Message edited on: 03/01/2005 11:12

Compo ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 12:03 PM

Thanks videodv, that worked and all installed. Got the 4.01 upgrade and installed that too. I appreciate the help. Though I am completely new to this type of program (well, I have used Terragen on and off, more off than on as it's so frustrating finding a decent POV) I created a very basic render within minutes, and must say that it looks pretty friendly to get to grips with, and fast rendering too. Thanks again! Les

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.