Fri, Sep 20, 4:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: New to bryce!

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 5:53 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:52 AM

Hey all! New to bryce. I'm an avid user of poser. I was wondering... some of the sky scenes you can see the sun and moon... how can I create my own scnen with the sun and moon? and.. how do i import a poser char to bryce? Thanks!!!

draculaz ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 6:00 PM

This post was deleted by Draculaz.

Slakker ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 6:13 PM

Welcome! Don't be too comfortable on your poser background, Bryce is a whole different beast to tame. As far as the other things, there's the Skylab (Which you can access in the upper-right of your screen, there should be a small cloud and sun/moon icon there) which allows you to create Bryce skies, and there are ways to bring in photos using 2D planes. And for importing poser characters into bryce, use the search function of the forum. That question has been asked roughly 1,932 times. So...have fun, and don't walk on the grass.

MoonGoat ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 6:39 PM · edited Tue, 01 March 2005 at 6:41 PM

Welcome to the realme of BryceWorldLand. Your first Bryce image should feature a photo-realistic tribute to MoonGoat, the Supreme Wombat Overlord of All Brycedom.

As for the sky-lab, I think once I discovered a way to double-click-drop the sun or moon anywhere in the scene window. I forgot it.

This is the one forum in the world where a question such as yours about poser imports won't be replied with flames such as:

< flame >
SEARCH THE FORUM, STUPID n00bZ!!
< flame >

MoonGoat
(Supreme Wombat Overlord)

Message edited on: 03/01/2005 18:41

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 6:55 PM

Welcome to the friendliest (mostly) place on the net. If anyone says RTFM to you then we'll set the dracs, er, I mean dogs on them. If you hold Ctrl-Alt and double left click on the circle that lets you move the sun around, then you can hit ctrl-Alt Left click on your scene to place the sun at that point. Phil ps. The thing about making a photo-realistic tribute to MoonGoat is true, we all had to do it. Looking forward to yours.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Mahray ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 7:29 PM

And Ctrl-Alt Right Click to set the moon, from memory.

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 8:49 PM

hm..I could be wrong, but I think Sun and Moon are opposites, if you have 1, you can't see the other, but I'm not 100% sure on this.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 9:02 PM

Pakled true. SO Ctrl-Alt Left for the sun OR ctrl-alt Right for the moon. Shame really, since it would be nice to have built in moon phases.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 9:17 PM

Thank you all very much! -hugs- Will post my 'tribute' MoonGoat asap ;)

xenic101 ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 9:24 PM

xenic101 has never had anytrouble with hair or clothes drifting when importing from Poser to Bryce xenic101 is fairly certain that at some point he has exported clothes from Poser to Bryce There are 46 ways to get from Poser to Bryce, search the forum. ;^) Myself, I just export the .obj from Poser and import it into Bryce. (Locate the textures when prompted, then spend forever retexturing)

Zhann ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 10:00 PM

Welcome to Bryce and the Bryce Forum, seems you're getting the right info above, there are many ways to do things in Bryce....=)

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

sackrat ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 10:27 PM

Wombat Overlord ?!? Welcome to Bryce.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 11:08 PM

Attached Link: Blue Marble

But don't forget that you can use a sphere and apply a moon texture to it and put it anywhere you want it. Here is a planetary map of the Earth, considered by most to be the best one out there. I present for your rendering edification the Blue Marble. I will be back shortly with a moon map.

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 11:15 PM · edited Tue, 01 March 2005 at 11:22 PM

Attached Link: Planetary maps

Just create a sphere and apply the moon map to it using parametric mapping. Oh yes, BTW, welcome to Bryce. Please enjoy your stay.

Message edited on: 03/01/2005 23:22

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 11:20 PM

Attached Link: Planetary maps in action

At the link is an example of planetary maps in action.

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 11:25 PM

Fresh meat. :^) Hey, since when does deleting a post to a thread leave a deletion record? I know deleting the thread starter does that, but I never saw a secondary post do that.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 11:28 PM

Pbellows: Click on the Bryce Community Page link in the header. All sorts of links to Bryce tutorials, etc.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

xenic101 ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 11:38 PM · edited Tue, 01 March 2005 at 11:39 PM

This post was deleted by xenic101.

tjohn, I saw that too, I don't think it does. When the top post of a thread is deleted, doesn't it say (deleted) on the end of the line?

hmmm... and since when was drac's name capitalized? Message edited on: 03/01/2005 23:39

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 11:42 PM

Oh, I get it, now. That Drac! :^)

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 11:45 PM

file_193715.jpg

Sorry, no moon on right mouse click only sun on left/right mouse click (not on my copy of Bryce version 7.4 at leasthad to go check it out to make double sure, thought I was going nutzerrrthat may still be). But you can select either choice by clicking the sun/moon icon button. A yellow asterisk indicates the sun and a blue asterisk indicates moon. As the others have said, while in wire mode, hold down Ctrl+Alt while double clicking sun/moon trackball then choose sun or moon.

Huhwhat do you mean we have no moon phases? You guys have me jumping through hoops here. 8) We do have moon phases, by clicking the little cloud, which leads you to the Sky Lab module, in the lower left-hand corner of the Sun/Moon panel; you can control the moon phase. You can, of course, create your own as has been said.

Mahray ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 12:11 AM

My apologies, it's actually Ctrl+Alt+Shift Click. So shoot me or something :)

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

Quest ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 2:01 AM

LOL...I would but I only have one bullet left in my pistola and I'm saving it for me. ;)

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 7:06 AM

Moon phases - DOH! I knew that. Phil (Really should try reading the manual)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 3:57 PM · edited Wed, 02 March 2005 at 3:59 PM
Forum Moderator

Welcome to the Asylum. We hope you enjoy your flight.

The exits are here.............here........here
here..........here........and...............here.

Please post your complusory render of a shiny sphere over water.......here....

And as a newbie the drinks are on you.
Please tell us where we should post the bar-bill.

Message edited on: 03/02/2005 15:59

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 5:29 PM

LMAO TheBryster. Yeah..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.