Thu, Sep 19, 6:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Shade LE (the one that comes with Poser 6) Is a BLAST!!!

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 1:14 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:30 PM

For those of you wondering what you can do with this shade thing. Lots. Fabrics and curved surfaces are really easy. As long as you dont mind a bit of Nudity see my gallery for several simple objects that I made within a few hours of starting to use Shade. You can import a Poser figure then model around it, then export just the stuff you made as an obj and it will load into poser in exactly the same coordinates that you made it. Want Victoria holding a tea cup? Pose Victoria, export, import her into Shade, model your tea cup (10 minutes max), export the tea cup, open your original Poser document, import the .obj tea cup and it will be right in her hand where you made it!!! I love it, have fun everyone!!!

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 3:50 PM

Shade LE was definitely one of the reasons I signed up for the Special Edition pack. I'm hoping the learning curve is pretty easy for it...

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 5:34 PM

I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of my copy, at least initially. I'm already comfortable with my current modeling app. I look forward to eventually learning, though. We have a Shade forum, by the way. It hasn't been terribly active of late, but I expect that'll change over the next few weeks, as P6's early adopters receive their orders.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 7:03 PM

wow! You have some lovely pics in your gallery. I really like the chair you modelled and the way you have put that scene together. Actually it looks photo real! Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

NomiGraphics ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 7:56 PM

When your copy arrives also head on over to Shader's Cafe. We have a lot of tutorials ranging from the beginner on up to get you up and speedy with Shade :) - Noel http://www.shaderscafe.com

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 8:42 PM

thank you so much I will check out the cafe right now sounds like exactly what I am looking for - I am a bit worried about the polygon mesh modeling - seems to be a bit hard.

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 8:42 PM

Shader's Cafe rocks! I really appreciate that resource. I just wish Curious had thought of some pre-ordering enticement for those of us who had already purchased Shade. Hopefully, they'll offer a discount to those who did once Poser 6 actually exists. That would be nice. :-) Anyway, so nice to see that people are enjoying Shade 7 LE. IMO it's way beyond "entry level," even though it's priced as if it were.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.