Mon, Oct 7, 6:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Sorta OT: I got my new computer....

Pedrith ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 11:23 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 9:18 AM

Hi. I post here every now and again. I don't have a gallery yet, but that might change slightly. I received my new computer the other day. It's the new 17" Imac with 2 gigs ram and 250 gig hard drive. I installed Bryce 5 on it last night and rendered a scene that on my old computer took 90+ minutes at 320 X 240 with Superfine AA turned on. With my new computer the same scene rendered in 11 minutes. Now with more computer power I may be able to actually finish a render before I die of old age. Of course the only downside is that before I can really use my computer to any extent I have to clean my house top to bottom and finish two video editing projects for people at work, but really it's just the house work I dread. I can't wait for Bryce 5.5 !!!! Pedrith :)

draculaz ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 12:00 PM

O_O a mac with 2 gigs of ram? crosses himself he be the devil!!! drac

danamo ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 12:24 PM

Congrats Pedrith!

MoonGoat ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 6:18 PM

MoonGoat looks at his Vaio, what he once thought was a good computer, and slowly starts to cry

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 7:48 PM

Congrats for the New PC and you sound like me, Tons of Projects on the go for people at work and house needs cleaning.

Pedrith ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 8:14 PM

Don't cry MoonGoat, this computer took me over a year to save for, and besides after browsing through your gallery, i feel like crying because even after six yearswith Bryce, my images are not even one tenth as good as yours, one hundreth as good as Dracs, or one billionth as good as Rochr's. I'm hoping that over Easter weekend I'll have a something created to post here. It would be sooner but my prescription for my glasses have changed, so text and stuff on the computer is fuzzy. I see the eye doctor in two weeks, but until then I'm going to try use my computer very little, with the exception of this weekend, which I'm using to play Jedi Knight Academy, now that I have a computer that can run it. :p Pedrith :) Drac, if I'm the devil, does that make you god?

vangogh ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 8:38 PM

Drac????? A God????? Only in his own mind maybe. Excellent choise on the Mac purchase. While everyone with a PC spends countless hours chasing bugs and worms and viruses, and spends tons of money buying protection programs to stop those bugs and other evil things, Not to mention all the down time caused by the inevitable viruses and bugs that do get past all the security systems they have installed. Us Mac owners will just keep purring along. I've been happily Mac-in it since 1991 and have yet to experience any down time caused by a virus.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 9:35 PM

Never had a virus get past my security. (Wintel since my first Phillips P2.)

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 6:46 PM

Sheesh Feels Like I'm back in High School..... My C64 is better than your Atari 800xl hehehe but seriously. I have a Virus scanner installed on my Windows Based PC but it does not run live. I only use it to scan files sent to me. I make extra money on the side Cleaning Friends PC's of the Virus's and Stuff so thank you Microsoft for a flawed operating system and a flawed Internet Explorer :) I use FireFox for browsing.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2005 at 11:14 AM

I run mozilla myself, using McAfee (VSO) with weekly cross check (Trend's Housecall), ZoneAlarm, AdAware (weekly crosscheck with Spysweeper)and all security patches in via MSBSA. I remeber when the C64 came out. Had fun with some of the early games on it. Remember the PET 2000?

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2005 at 2:35 PM

IF you flicked the On/Off Switch at the back of the PET fast enough the screen would shrink down to a single DOT on the screen a funny smell and burn followed. I could imagine the repair would be expensive back in those days.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Sun, 06 March 2005 at 10:30 AM

Never tried that (grin) Our Osbourne Portable did blow up though - that was expensive!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.