Mon, Oct 7, 8:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Have you seen this? Wow....

tjohn ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 3:15 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 8:46 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=889708

I don't know anything about Z-Brush, but I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor after seeing this image.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

RodsArt ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 3:20 PM

That's killer.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

RodsArt ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 3:33 PM

Zbrush Is cool, Yet after seeing this handy tool, I want one, haven't spent much time investigating though. Well first here's the link to the Image (Which blows me away) Here's what he used to model it. Cool Tool

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

artbyphil ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 6:05 PM

that tools looks like fun. Couldn't see any prices on the site though. (but I'm sure its way out of my range!)

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 7:23 PM

Cool Image, although I would love to know how to do that with Zbrush I no longer have the time or brain power to learn how to use a new tool.

foleypro ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 11:16 PM

2995$ or 1995$ if you own the little device...

Jim564 ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 12:12 AM

Attached Link: http://206.145.80.239/zbc/showthread.php?t=20310

Here's a ZBrush link. I think some of the instructions may actually be in English. :-) Jim

lordstormdragon ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 8:04 AM

Microscribe used to make those kinds of tools, ICM. Even then, they started out at $2,995, five years ago or so... Those Z-Brush guys are really top-notch. Amazing work, it just blows my mind, every time!

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 9:42 PM

I've been thinking of purchasing Z Brush in the near future. I demo it when it first came out. What it did then I could accomplish in Amorphium much easier. So I didn't buy into it. But this version has jumped leap and bounds especially in the texturing department. And that's mainly what I would want it for. But I hear it can be used for making Poser morph targets to.

Stephen Ray

lordstormdragon ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 10:04 PM

ZBrush has long since outgrown Amorphium, alas... I've seen it used in conjunction with other character software, and it's amazing...! I'm not certain Poser would handle Z-brush geometry very well, but it would depend on how well the displacement mapping in Poser 5 works. I've only used it a couple of times...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 1:22 AM

Poser 5 will handle ZBrushes models and displacement maps. VERY unfortunately, Poser 5 will not accept 16-bit grayscale displacement maps (which is what ZBrush makes). Poser 5 will only accept 8-bit grayscale displacement maps. 8-bit grayscale = 255 levels of gray 16-bit grayscale = 65,535 levels of gray Just a "small" bit of difference there.......lol. So, while it works, it TRULY needs 16-bit support (Just like Bryce) ;o) AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

lordstormdragon ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 3:35 AM

(grumbles) Too many bit-discrepancies, if you ask me... On top of all that, NONE of these applications deals with hardware acceleration. It's simple enough to make UT2003 (a three-year old game) Direct X 8 compatible, but nobody inthe industry can remotely keep up. It's where the money's at. UT-2003 made more money than any version of Bryce, Z-brush, or Poser. Sad, but true. Even the "big dogs" like Maya and Lightwave offer nearly NOTHING when it comes to hardware support, leaving our NV-17's and NV-25's almost completely unused...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 4:35 AM

Last I heard, DAZ will be (or, at least wants to be) talking to Nvidia to have Bryce 6.0 take advantage of a users video card gpu for help in rendering. Which is, beyond optimizing code, the one other way to speed up Bryces rendering times, (without changing the type of renderer it is). AS

lordstormdragon ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 4:50 AM

I don't care about using the GPU for rendering. All I'm saying is that, considering how good video games look these days, there is NO reason that our preview screens can't look that good. Wait, there is a reason : Money.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 5:27 AM

Ah, I see what you're talkin' about now. OpenGl is one of the aspects being worked on, even for Bryce 5.5, you've probably seen the OpenGL shots from their "Studio" program. But, I WILL say not much technology at all touches Unreal's engine. I would say that would be just about the pinnacle for everyone to shoot for. ;o) (But, then I'm biased as a big Unreal Tournament fan) AS

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.