Thu, Sep 19, 10:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: Wish Curious Labs had been at the SF MAC Expo

jschoen ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2001 at 12:52 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:44 PM

This past week was San Francisco's Mac Expo. KOOL! I went for 3 days, but alas not a Poser in sight :-( And Bryce was barley covered by Corel. But I was disappointed that C Labs didn't get a chance to show off Poser to San Francisco. A great many 3D companies were there, including: New Tek (Lightwave), Hash (Animation Master), Form Z, Ampi, and a bunch more. And a NEW and exciting ZBrush from Pixologic (way kool!) Still version 1.1 (Made for Windows first, now for MAC) but a very promising program! Anyway, I picked up Animation Master (Spline only :-( ) and ZBRush. So I can hopefully do some great modeling for accessories and characters to be used in Poser. Now I need to learn Joint parameters (Yuck) James PS: I'm sure I'll be locked in my Computer room for days on end, only coming out to eat and the necessary bathroom activities. But the Poser community should end up benefiting from this as I will hopefully be posting a lot of freebies, and some items for sale also.

shadownet ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2001 at 1:27 PM

Gee James, and I thought you were really dedicated too. I moved my computer room into the bathroom - yeah I padded the seat on the old throne so I could take the long hours of sitting...and of course I have all my meals delivered. :o) By the way, ever given any thought to putting all your Tolkien related stuff onto a CD and making it available to us folks what think you are the man when it comes to that sort of thing!?

jschoen ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2001 at 2:04 PM

I have indeed thought of the Tolkien-like (avoiding law suit giggle) package. Unfortunatly a for sale package, not a freebie. The first package I thought would be the Gandalf-like package. Including: P4 head morphs, Texture map (including beard texture for Zygote's beard), Wizard hat, and wizard items. Also including a Wizardess headdress and other items to make the package worth buying. But you're right I should include my Frodo-like, and Galadriel-like morphs and maps too. I also did a pretty good Golum-like figure. I hope to get the time to do this in the very near future. James

shadownet ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2001 at 2:32 PM

Good deal. No, I expected it to be a for sale package. If I can afford it, I am interested and that is the reason for asking. The other thing I need to know is what other stuff do I have to have/buy (if anything) to use your stuff if I get your package? Obviously if you offer something based on another Zygote product (or someone elses stuff) and I do not have, it does me no good. So I have to factor all that in as well.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2001 at 4:28 PM

I went for 3 days, but alas not a Poser in sight :-(- - - - - -

I saw a message in Renderotica that called Poser users "Positrons"!!! :-)

kupa ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2001 at 4:59 PM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com

We were not able to exhibit at MacWorld, but several of us were in attendance. We're up to our ears in closing details related to the Pro Pack, and any show booth level participation would have derailed those efforts. We met with Maxon, ProActive-the US Vue d'Espirt publishers, eovia-Carrara's new parents, Alias/Wavefront, Corel, Discreet and a number of our distributors and development partners. Even though we weren't exhibiting a great deal of wonderful things came together at the Moscone Center. Steve Cooper Presidnet, Curious Labs, Inc.

rtamesis ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2001 at 12:44 AM

I hope you're planning to add support for Cinema 4D XL soon because without it, I'm not getting the Pro Pack. I was there at MacWorld Expo SF, and I too was disappointed that Curious Labs did not have a presence there. At least Poser and CL were mentioned in a Users Conference on 3D animation last Wednesday PM 1/10/2001. I also got Bodypaint and Z Brush for the Mac since it looked like a good way to create textures for obj files as well as do some modelling and export models in that format.

dunga ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2001 at 1:24 AM

Steve !!!! You are ALIVE !!!!! Firt time I have seen your message (it means that i was not reading all messages -only those of interest to me) Great I am starting the countdown till 20th Jan. The release is scheduled on 20th, right?

michalki ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2001 at 7:32 PM

Tony Appleyard: And all my words come back to me in shades of Renderosity . . . the "Positrons" remark I made at Renderotica was distributed for free for use by anyone for any purpose, but if if it's ever used to earn millions of bucks, I absolutely must get 15%. You know, Curious Labs is starting to remind me of Apple itself (& the detoured career of Orson Welles, come to think of it!). Terrific, one of a kind product but the marketing sucks at times & always just manages to miss the boat in some way. To pass on an opportunity to appear at a major expo is just plain stupid & if it was a question of being a little short of coin, then it was a case of penny wise, pound foolish. CL could at least have sent their moppo-sweepo guy over there with a couple of handouts in the parking lot, but who am I to say?

jschoen ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2001 at 12:23 AM

Steve, Wish I knew where to have found you at the Expo, but alas it was a tremndous event. I would have loved to have shaken your hand ;-) Good to know at least that you were indeed there. And hope you got lots of new ideas to make Poser even better. James PS: Even though I got lots of new toys, I still keep coming back to my old favorites. Poser, Bryce and Infini-D Animation Studio 2000 will be nice, if they can handle 3ds import better. I want to take advantage of the great extras like dust and such in the renderer but also have the quality of imported Poser figures. And Z-Brush is just kool, I don't know what I'll be doing with this. ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.