Thu, Sep 19, 3:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: How To Get Better CloseUps In P4?

zippyozzy ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 12:29 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:47 AM

Attached Link: My Gallery

file_196422.jpg

I've been trying different ways but still cn't seem toget a better closeup without part of the image being cutoff. It still looks too far away. I get a fairly good render going then I get stumped.

SWAMP ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 2:12 AM

file_196425.jpg

To get closer to the figure and still have a full body shot, you would need to use a wider camera focal length. However using a wider lens will introduce that wide angel perspective distortion where the nose is larger in proportion to the ears, etc. (not a pleasing render). While I use cameras that use the square format for many years as a photographer, the square just doesnt work for a single person standing full-on shot, nor does it work for you here. Too much empty space on each side (plus you have about a head and a half of wasted space below the feet) results in what is know as Bulls-eye composition. Consider how much to show. Does the viewer really need to see her feet? The figure is also very dark and monotone compared to the busy bright background, which further distances her from the viewer. Crop, move in, and give the subject better lighting and a less distracting background. SWAMP

Nance ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 2:50 PM

uh... question does not make sense (to me). You seem to be saying you want the figure to fill more of your frame, but when you enlarge the view of the figure, it goes outside your frame (though we realize that is obviously not what you meant). Did you mean higher resolution renders, or just a "better" view of the figure, i.e. better lighting, or did you mean something else?

zippyozzy ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 11:43 PM

To get closer to the figure and still have a full body shot, you would need to use a wider camera focal length. Just a better, closer view, mine seem far away, I'll try widening it, thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.