Fri, Sep 20, 11:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: A Possible Market

jstro ( ) posted Sun, 06 March 2005 at 2:26 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.quantummuse.com/submissions.html

If you write fantasy or science fiction you might want to check out Quantum Muse. It doesn't pay much ($10/story) but it's something. I know someone (actually a cousin of a friend, so technically I don't know her) that has actually published with them (her second story). If nothing else, read the submissions guidelines they're a hoot! These folks have a sense of humor, always a good sign as far as I'm concerned. jon p.s. They are also interested in art work. jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

deemarie ( ) posted Sun, 06 March 2005 at 2:42 PM

What a hoot :) It would be worth the try, just to get a t-shirt :) I love the part about getting tips! Woo, Woo! Thanks Jon

garblesnix ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 1:32 PM

jstro: Great site. Thanks. Even if we just get a mug, it adds us to the ranks of "paid professional". Double "WOO! WOO!" g'x

jstro ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 4:19 PM

I went ahead and submitted a story last night. I'll let you all know how it turns out. I got a very prompt (e-bot?) reply, which I took as a pretty good sign. jon

~jon

garblesnix ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 5:09 PM

I submitted as well. Now, to drink a flagon of patience.

jstro ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 5:53 PM

Great! I wish you luck. jon

~jon

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 8:29 PM

Excellent!! I have a bottle of almond champagne that I will break open when you get published. :D

jstro ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 9:23 PM

Almond champagne? Sounds interesting. ;-) jon

~jon

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 9:49 PM

To show you what kind of people I hang around with, I (the only champagne drinker amongst them) received a bottle each of raspberry, almond, and pineapple champagne for my birthday. :D I am sure all the purists out there are having a heart attack.

jstro ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 9:55 PM

Oh, I'm sure all of them came from the Champagne district in France, so they shouldn't have any problem with them. ;-) jon

~jon

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 10:07 PM

Well, the almond came from the champagne district of Costco, so don't be so sure of that.

japes ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2005 at 7:15 AM

"champagne district of Costco" HA

garblesnix ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2005 at 1:48 PM

The secret to beverage selection happiness:

"Never drink for taste. Always drink for effect"

Costco is as good as Chateau Laffite is as good as Night Train Express is as good as moonshine.

Bless the homonid who first said "Okay. I'll try it."

deemarie ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2005 at 1:17 AM

Almond champagne - sounds like trouble ;]

jstro ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2005 at 2:56 PM

garblesnix, did you ever hear anything back from them? So far, I have not. It's been a loooong time. Hope you did better than me. jon

~jon

Wolf_Kin ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2005 at 6:30 PM

Jon, Haven't been around in a while but popped in today and happened to notice this. Wanted to let you know that Quantum Muse got Way behind on both checking their submissions as well as paying the writers a while back according to a newsletter they sent out. They're currently working on getting caught up apparently, so don't lose hope entirely.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.