Fri, Sep 20, 5:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Hey folks, the wait is over!!!!

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 10:23 PM ยท edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 11:41 AM

This was just posted by Antoine this evening. Thought you'd like to know. Mark Dear Dreamers, Today, an important deal has been concluded for the future of Carrara. I will do a Press Conference at MacWorld on Wednesday of this week to announce what is the new home of Carrara and what is the short term strategy for the product. To thank you for your support and patience through this terrible 2000 year, I will post on the list two press releases on Wednesday morning. You will be the firsts to hear the news. Happy rendering to all ! Antoine Clappier

willf ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 10:38 PM

Great, now I can look forward to a new Powerbook & updated Carrara at the same time! Thanks for the news.

DigitalDream#3 ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 11:06 PM

Whew!!!Way cool!

Kolschey ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2001 at 6:16 AM

Excellent! I have been waiting for this!

TRAVISB ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2001 at 6:56 AM

i was bitchin yesterday at e groups because i said that it was hard for me to convince 3d world mag and some other contacts to do features on carrara because they dont want to do tutorials or issues on programs with shady fututes and people were going to other programs because there are no books or support areas fo it an hour later anonio anonces the new release hopefully it wont just be for mac and we will get some books and better tuts this time peace

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2001 at 7:01 AM

Thanks Mark. You beat me to the punch. ;) Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

brenthomer ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2001 at 9:33 AM

'wahoo!'

Tuck3D ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2001 at 11:27 AM

Can we all say "bitchin". Way cool!

lokidemonster ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2001 at 8:44 PM

Well, the ball is rolling but don't get to exicted. IT will take sometime before they can turn around and start offerning support, patchs, and upgrades. Now that it is rolling does any know how long it will be before we see anything. No doubt whoever bought Carrara will want to fix a few things before they start selling it. Or they might go on and jump to Carrara 2.0.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2001 at 9:26 PM

All I've read indicates sometime in mid 2001 for either a 1.x or a V2.

lokidemonster ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2001 at 6:31 PM

Realisticly speaking, that will turn into September. Software realesses never seem to go out on time. Even the big companies miss thier deadlines. But I can wait. I gave up on Carrara and jumped to Animation Master. Carrara will need to be at 2.0 before I start doing handsprings. But if they can pull it off I will be Happy.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.