Sat, Sep 21, 9:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Holli, that is a pier.

Jaager ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2001 at 11:31 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:10 AM

A gang plank is just a long board, or something evolved from that. Your prop is a very short pier. Either there is a tremendous drop off at the end or only an airboat could used it. It looks like a good model though. Jaager, who can spit into the Chesapeake Bay from his balconey.

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2001 at 12:31 PM

So it's YOU who's been doing all that spitting!! Shame! lol Marque

Jaager ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2001 at 12:45 PM

Well, those wood ducks make so much noise, I gotta chase 'em off somehow.

Holli ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2001 at 4:00 AM

Attached Link: http://www.atomic-knights.de

Uhh, shit ! My dictionary described something like this as a gangplank. Ok, I will change it, thanks Jaager.

Jaager ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2001 at 8:45 AM

These technical things have subtile differences in meaning. A gangplank is something that you can move. It is just as a temporary bridge between a vessel and the shore. Your prop can be a pier or a dock or maybe a warf. English is not nearly as consistent as Deutsch. It absorbs anything that is useful and makes it its own and there are almost as many exceptions as there are rules. I wish English was as easy to spell as Deutsch. Ich ein ser kline Deutsch habe.

Holli ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2001 at 9:12 AM

to be honest first I want to post only the picture and ask all you people what you call something like this. But then I put out my dictionary and chose to spend my time a little more "usefull" !! Silly mistake. Holli BTW : Where is Chesapeake Bay ?

Jaager ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2001 at 9:52 AM

In the middle of the East coast of the US. It is very large, starts up at Penn and exists into the Atlantic at the bottom of Virginia. It empties several major rivers into the Sea. Until we poisoned it, it produced large quantities of excellent seafood. There is a lot of sea commerce, mainly containerships and colliers now.

Holli ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2001 at 10:03 AM

I see ! Well I've never been in the states after all.

Jaager ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2001 at 12:37 PM

Unless you are interested in things nautical, or geography, there is probably no reason why it would have come up. The Bay is a bit difficult for us to ignore though.

Nance ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2001 at 7:19 PM

Ain't the net weird! Just because of your names I suppose, until now, I had thought Jaager was from Scandinavia somewhere and Holli was from the States. (btw -- looks like a "dock" to me but I suspect it's regional)

Holli ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2001 at 2:11 AM

Well folks, if you ever will come to good old germany give me a call !

JanP ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2001 at 4:42 PM

I lived in Shtutegart for one year. Not sure if I spelled that correct. I lived doen ze street fom ze VolksBank. Had my first experince with Kindergarten there. And Uhm I was scared as hell. I refused to use their bathrooms. So, I usually ended up going home every day wearing plastic underwear and plasctic clothing. I think my mental state is what it is because the teachers would change my clothes out in the hallway. And wouldn't you know it. There was always a line of kids being marched into class. LOL! Learned about the sandman and that scared the hell out of me. And to this day I believe "someone" visited me while I slept one night. Both my parents say they never checked on me before they went to sleep. So thats what made it very creepy. Saw my first major accident there too. Driving through the hills. We came upon a bicycle twisted into scrap metal. The road stained red and bits and peices of... well you get the idea. JanP

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.