Sat, Oct 5, 6:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Does Someone Know What Customizeable Auto Balancing in Poser 6 Is?

Chris ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 9:10 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:11 AM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com/article/articleview/1382/1/580?sbss=580

Hi all, found that on CL site today ... just wonder what that could be :) Greets Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Pollee ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 10:34 AM

It's written badly. "Even easier than easy", says nothing and sounds like a 4th grader wrote it in a hurry just to be impressive. I don't like bad writing so please excuse mine as well.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 10:43 AM

Poser has had an "auto balance" feature for poses for a long time now, but I never got a clear idea what it was for. It sounds to me like it has something to do with limiting how far the limbs and the torso can bend so that the figure could still stand if in the real world (kind of like Limits On, but for balance). Not sure though, it's just a guess. SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

bigjobbie ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 11:10 AM

I know there are a set of rules for figure balancing in sculpture and painting called "Contra-posto" or "Counter Poise" - where certain parts of the body have to line up vertically to create stability etc...it might be an automated implimentation of that methodology perhaps? If so - Cool!!

DominiqueB ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 11:12 AM

If I were to guess, it would be automatic centering of the hips when you are posing the legs when Ik is turned down.

Dominique Digital Cats Media

odeathoflife ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 11:49 AM

The only thing that I can see autobalencing being for is for people that manually pose their figures, by clicking and draggin the parts rather then the dial, I hope that it is used with the dials this go araound :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 11:41 PM

There are times when you want a body to balance (standing without support, maybe in an ice-skating or dancing position), and times when you don't (hanging on to a tree root on the cliff face while reaching for that plump strawberry where the dynamic of reaching is part of the message). As implemented in Poser 4 and ProPack it is pretty crude (I never tried it in P5). Being able to customize it would be very useful for non-standard characters such as dinosaurs or wolfmen or even housecats and squirrels... where the tail IS a tool for balancing. Depending upon how well it works, cartoonists and animators might be able to give the tail enough weight so that jumps and landings looked right. Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.