Wed, Sep 18, 10:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Another email from DR re Poser 6

Francemi ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 10:01 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 3:21 PM

I just received this email from Digital River and frankly, I don't understand why they would send such an email at this time. Could someone explain please? I mean I know the product is not available yet and they know I know so does that new email means it will be longer than the end of March before they ship it? QUOTE: We're Sorry! The product(s) you've ordered is currently out of stock and could not be shipped. The product(s) has been placed on back-order and will be shipped as soon as possible when the stock becomes available. You will receive another email notification when your order has actually shipped. Your credit card has been pre-authorized, but you will NOT be charged until the product ships. Thank you for your patience and understanding.END OF QUOTE. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

sekhet ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 10:30 AM

I assume that this is just an automated reply. I dont think its anything to worry about. I got one a couple of weeks ago when I ordered, and the release date hadnt been announced yet. Ed

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 10:38 AM

It's just a bot reply. Everyone got it. They send it out whenever a product cannot be immediately shipped. Whether because it's out of stock, or because it doesn't exist yet. :-)

tbird10 ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 10:41 AM

But I have only just received this e-mail, a week after I have placed my order. The impression it gave me is that they have run out of stock from their warehouse and thus that there will be a delay with my order which I won't receive soon after the release date as I'd been expecting. I hope that this isn't the case, but I wouldn't be surprised :-(

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 10:44 AM

No, that is not the case. That's what happened to everyone. They didn't get the "out of stock" notice immediately. They got it days later. If you look back in this forum, you'll see several panicked messages about this issue. Everyone got the same message. It doesn't mean anything except that Poser 6 is as yet vaporware, so they can't ship it. They have not run out.

Francemi ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 10:50 AM

Thanks randym, I was worried because, like tbird, I received this email this morning but I already received the automatic email when I placed my order last week. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

tbird10 ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 10:53 AM

Guess I'm just remembering what happened to my Poser 5 preorder (they shipped the stock to the European distribution centre by surface) and it took weeks after the release date before I received it. Here's hoping you're right :-)

ratscloset ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 11:49 AM

That is a sign the Shipping Department is going active on P6. Where I use to work at, we would automatically generate Out Of Stock Letters for Preorders when Shipping and Receiving placed the item into the available product in Warehouse System, but the release date had not arrived. It allows the Shipping department to start pulling and packing all the PreOrders. Computers and E-mail automates this one more step and the mail goes out. I got the same thing when I preorder PSP 9 from JASC. I consider it an announcement of sort that things are moving along!

ratscloset
aka John

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 12:06 PM
Online Now!

I got that mailing from them weeks ago and I asked them "why". I'm still waiting for a reply!!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Francemi ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 12:51 PM

Thanks for the encouraging words, ratscloset! ;o) It is the first time I actually "buy" something that does not exist when I buy it. loll France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Basis3D ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 1:28 PM

Still, it seems totally stupid to be told your order is "out of stock" when it has never been "in stock" in the first place.

Companies like this should consider the confusion their misleading auto-reply messages generate. It would be a VERY simple matter to reword this message to eliminate this kind of misunderstanding.

Something like ...

"We're Sorry! The product(s) ordered can not yet be shipped because it is currently unavailable. It is either currently out-of-stock or a pre-order item that hasn't begun shipping. The product(s) will be shipped as soon as possible when the stock becomes available. Blah, blah blah ..."

I have a background in writing and business communication so this type of customer miscommunication really irks me when I see it. Most companies don't seem to give a damn though, even when mistakes like this are pointed out to them. This auto-reply letter will probably go on confusing people who pre-order products from this company and nothing will ever be done about it.

Poser 2010 • Poser 8 • MacPro Desktop • Quad-Core Intel Xeon • 10 GB • Snow Leopard • Windows XP 

whbos ( ) posted Tue, 15 March 2005 at 9:53 PM

I just ordered it today and it listed P6 as "Out of Stock" prior to my purchasing it. I thought I'd get an email sometime today verifying my order, but I didn't. I did save the confirmation page. I'm assuming we will get a confirmation with our tracking information around the time it ships. Just like with the P5 pre-orders, I'm pre-ordering late again so I know I have an extra two or more weeks to wait getting it. CL was several weeks late in verifying I was eligible for the discount otherwise I would have ordered it weeks ago.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

yp6 ( ) posted Wed, 16 March 2005 at 8:36 AM

Ordered it on the 22nd after all the new info was out, and just got the "out of stock" e-mail today. The confirmation e-mail came in almost immediately though (minutes after ordering.) whbos: Might wanna check your spam blocker if using one...

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 12:42 PM

Hi, Sorry for the confusion of this email from DR. It's an automatic system email that's generated when a product is on back-order for a number of days. Poser 6 has not been released yet and, we WILL DEFINITELY have enough Poser 6 Special Edition products built to cover every order placed up to the release of Poser 6. I hope this explanation helps some. With kind regards, Katherine

tbird10 ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 2:07 PM

Katherine, Good to hear, Many thanks :-) Tbird10

ware4wolf ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 2:55 PM

I haven't purchased P6 yet, and was wondering if anybody knows what the savings are between pre-ordering or buying it after the fact. Thanks.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 17 March 2005 at 5:33 PM

The price is about the same. It's $10 more, I think. But you get just Poser 6. No Shade, no Winter Queen Figure Pack content.

ware4wolf ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 8:27 AM

Thanks, Shade isn't a big issue with me, I have the demo and haven't had any luck with it. And what is the Winter Queen Figure Pack? I didn't see anything called that on the product website.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:10 AM

The Winter Queen figure pack is a character pack for Jessi, the new P6 female. You get a skirt, armor, angel wings, sandals, dynamic and conforming hair, etc. She's the one pictured on the box. The Winter Queen pack is a special bonus that (supposedly) you can only get if you pre-order.

ware4wolf ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:12 AM

OK, Well I bit the bullet and bought the package, do you know when it is being released?

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:14 AM

If you chose the download option, it will be available Monday, after 9am Pacific Time. If you chose the boxed version, it will be a week or two. They will ship them to Digital River on Monday, and Digital River will then ship them to us.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.