Sun, Sep 22, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: WIP Need some input

Indoda ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 5:54 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:19 PM

file_203101.jpg

Hello This is my first image that I've shown here. Any comments on improvements from artists here would be appreciated. A little background: Four young RCMP officers were slain by a lone gunman who ambushed them. The highest one day loss to the RCMP for over 100 years. This is my small attempt at a tribute to those who keep us safe.

Rendered in Vue d'Esprit 4. Characters 1 SP3, 3 M3, faces morphed, uniforms by Steve Shanks of Poserworld. Each of the 4 officers posed etc in P5

I didn't have any gloves so hand colours changed in P5.
There is some post work to be done on the road, white lines etc.
Thank you, Indoda

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

MissCaly ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 7:41 AM

As I'm still fairly new to Poser I don't have any CC to offer but wanted to say what a beautiful render. I am also Canadian and this day is not one that will be easily forgotten in the years to come. Great job.

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:40 AM

So is that a true story then or a scene you've made up? We don't get much news about Canada over here in the UK and I haven't heard of such an event. I'm not being heartless, just truthful!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:49 AM

Is the crowd in the back from a jpg? This is the type of image that will (I think) benefit from the new Image Based Lighting feature in Poser6. The light ambiance from the background will impart itself on the scene and make an integration between the two, if I understand the feature correctly. My sympathies to your nation on this tragedy. ::::: Opera :::::

Indoda ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 11:10 AM

@ MissCaly - Thank you for your encouragement. I'm in Edmonton it was a very sad week. @ thefixer - Yes, a real event. We don't hear much about the UK here - and I was from there. @ operaguy - The crowd is made up of P4 casual men with nothing above the hip to cut down on polys. Thank you for your condolences. P6 in 3 days and counting . . . down

- Albert Einstein

Indoda

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 12:16 PM

That's very sad, seems to be the way the World has gone! Hate and intolerance permeates every aspect of life today. Very, very sad, my sympathies to the people of canada especially to the familys of the brave officers!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

thixen ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 12:33 PM

Attached Link: http://www.morphworld30.com/tutorials/hdri/PMHDRIa.html

" Four young RCMP officers were slain by a lone gunman who ambushed them. The highest one day loss to the RCMP for over 100 years. This is my small attempt at a tribute to those who keep us safe. " Wow, that's a good day in LA. Anyhew, if you have the time and processig power try the poorman hdri tutorial. render the background people (with out the RCMP marching) then use that for the hdri, apply the lighting and then re-render (warning the amount of lights used will make a large render time - I usually use 100 in mine) and see what that does for the pic.

Kristta ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 7:27 PM

Heck, here lately...it's a good day at Northrop Grumman Ship Systems down here in the south (won't hear about it cause they hushed it up).... Very good image for a first try. I still haven't been able to do a darn thing with Vue. Going down the line from first RCMP, did you scale them each down moving towards the last one? Just curious. Kristta

Indoda ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 6:26 AM

@ thixen thanks I think that 100 lights will be too many for my old CPU. @ Kristta - All characters are as imported size wise. The camera angle gives that appearance. I really am getting to like Vue d'Esprit 4 for the price it's great. Good luck with Vue. To all thank you for taking the time to reply.

- Albert Einstein

Indoda

Kristta ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 9:42 AM

Indoda, I thought it was camera angle. It is impressive that you did it this way. A lot of people would not have thought it important. It really makes an impressive image. Kristta PS. Thanks for the wish of luck with Vue. I think I need to seek a "dummies" version of that particular software!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.