Sat, Oct 5, 10:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 9:59 am)

Subject: My 1st lighting try.. Inside a dark closet with no lighting..

raz ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 7:22 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 10:21 AM

file_203164.JPG

criticism welcomed I have 17.5 hours in getting this "just right"

jes funnin ya goofs! ;)~

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 7:31 AM

Hmmm,reminds me of a time when I searched nine months for exit.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 8:01 AM

I like the texture on your black cat. ;)

Porthos ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 8:07 AM

The black shadows look great also! ;)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

tropob ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 8:21 AM

wait, am i the only one not seeing anything. it's just a black image with nothing. i don't esee any cat.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 8:26 AM

Because the cat is partially hidden by that large black bear...nice job! Have you submitted it to the gallery yet? Marque

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 8:29 AM

The shadow on light 118 should be pulled back a touch. After discussing vendor promos in another thread I think you should sell that render as a V3 high resolution map... it just needs a little retouch for the promo images so it looks good with default lighting.

Ian Porter ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:03 AM

This reminds me so much of that Rembrandt classic 'Midnight in a coal mine'. It would look great animated. Oops sorry it already is!

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:15 AM

Why did you replace the default Poser lights????? You aren't supposed to do it. Now put those green and pink lights back in place this instant. ::::: Opera :::::

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:26 AM

What version do you use that gives you green and pink lights? lol Marque

bucketload3D ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:30 AM

how long did the render take? :P

www.Bucketload3d.com - where cool freebies are ~(==^..^)

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:48 AM

It depends whether you have the darkness tracing turned on or not. :)

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:48 AM

Great job raz! Well worth 17.5 hours of hard work! This reminds me of a fairytale I once read... what was it? There was an emperor in there if I remember correctly. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 9:57 AM

Hey, you stole my image!!!! I can prove it's mine too ... I have a dozen more exactly like it on my hard drive :P ;)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

thixen ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 10:39 AM

you might want to remove the cherubs though, ya know TOS and all. ;) hands out fire extungishers to kill flames -- just in case

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 10:44 AM

I didn't know you could set shadows like that. I still can't find the Vickie, the sword, the slavering grue, or the exit to the northeast..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 11:22 AM

Excellent! I am highly encouraged to try rendering one of my favorites: the ever-popular white horse in a snowstorm. ;-)

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 11:29 AM

Nope if you look carefully they are fully clothed in long black cloaks, no need for removal....heh Acadia if you look a little closer there is also a black watermark in the lower right hand corner. Marque

thixen ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 11:33 AM · edited Fri, 18 March 2005 at 11:35 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, violence

file_203168.JPG

yes but it bring attention to their, ohh hell I'm not even going to go there - Yeti in a blizzard.

Message edited on: 03/18/2005 11:35

thixen ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 11:36 AM

Byrdie - you must of been typing as I was rendering (and typing)

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 11:52 AM

LOL! They do say great minds think alike ;-)

thixen ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 12:10 PM

so what's our excuse?

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 12:36 PM

Uh ... we're bored?

jonbg1 ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 12:55 PM

ROFL... you guys crack me up! :P

thixen ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 12:59 PM

grabs the super glue
Quick Byrdie action time!!
glues jonbg1 back together Whew, almost lost another one.

steerpike ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 1:04 PM

file_203169.JPG

A couple of weeks too early for this one, Raz...

I have a copy of Acadia's image - I attach it for comparison.

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 1:07 PM

Think you might wanna add controversial to the warnings on your Yeti In A Blizzard render there,thixen. Some folks might mistake him for a rare albino Wookie and call it copyright infringement on GL's models. Plus, are you absolutely 100 percent positive he's over 18? Hard to tell with Wook -- er, Yeti.

thixen ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 1:12 PM · edited Fri, 18 March 2005 at 1:16 PM

I put a large white square over his genitals and gave him wings, see it's Fae.

Steer, see their are differances in the background, but it could be tubed, it's hard to see but I can see a thin black line around the cat.

Message edited on: 03/18/2005 13:16

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 1:18 PM

Badly tubed, too. That line is all jaggy.

thixen ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 1:24 PM

file_203170.JPG

Here is another one - Snow Angels Fearies playing in the snow I blacked out all the stuff that could break the TOS. *pause* ((I hope people know I'm just pokin fun. See how silly these flame wars seem some times? At least to me)) *unpause* - ok back to the mayham!!

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 1:37 PM

I read somewhere they were banning squares. Dunno why but I hope it doesn't extend to circles and triangles -- I really like triangles ;-) Of course, that might only be in the Marketplace, not the galleries. And maybe only in the first preview pic/thumbnail, the rest might permit judicious use of artistic squares, especially in texture sets. But you'd probably best be careful all the same. (Note to lurkers: Yes, we are just clowning around with this. No, we don't mean any harm. So there's need for anyone to get all huffy or bent outta shape. :-)

Kelderek ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 1:40 PM

I'm amazed that a moderator hasn't deleted this thread already since raz forgot the "nudity" tag!

ratscloset ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 1:51 PM

I am impressed that you could fit the new Dragon in the Closet and not have any collisions! At first I thought it was a Leather Coat, but then I noticed the tail wrapping around the Balck Cat and Black Bear. One suggestion: Turn off Cast Shadows, it will speed up your Render Time and I do not think you will notice the difference.

ratscloset
aka John

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 2:02 PM

Yipes! Bestiality! Quick, someone delete this thread! And ban those bloody perverts while you're at it. What? You want Ashcroft's minions to come over here and shut the whole darn site down? ::looks frantically around for any sign of approach Holy Republikan Stormtroopers::

thixen ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 2:10 PM

thats funny, the figure behind the cat kinda looks like Ashcroft. Infact both the cat and Ashcroft just looks like it was cut out of a photo. Didn't know cats could smile like that either. ;)

Kelderek ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 2:12 PM

thixen, that's probably why Ashcroft hasn't moved in on this therad yet... He's afraid that the picture will become headline news... Better keep it hidden in an obscure 3D community such as this!

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 2:16 PM

Too late, the Enquirer's already made an offer. One involving an obscene amount of money, or so I hear.

Kelderek ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 2:39 PM

Well... The Enquirer has as much credibility as this thread, so it won't make much of a difference ;-)

thixen ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 2:46 PM

Hold on, I got the weekly world news on line 2, I smell a bidding war (or is that just the bean and sauerkraut burritos I had for lunch?)

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 3:03 PM

Nope, not gonna go there.

Lawndart ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 4:11 PM

HEY! This thread should be moved to the product showcase forum. This is CLEARLY a blatant infraction of the TOS. This is obviously a shameless plug for the new product comming out called "Black".

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 4:29 PM

No, it belongs in the copyright forum. Black is even more obviously a blatant rip-off of Ebony. Not to mention Midnight, and Darkness Reigns Supreme.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 4:55 PM

no..bean and saurkraut burritos are an infraction..or infarction, or something..;) gad, what a concept..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 5:16 PM

;) I see no reason to move the thread. Sometimes, ya just gotta play ;).

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 5:25 PM

And sometimes ya just gotta eat popcorn ;-) ::munch::munch::

Kristta ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2005 at 7:29 PM

Reminds me of a post I submitted to a thread called "hmm what kind of art to make?" Kristta

elizabyte ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 2:21 AM

OMG, it's wonderful! I love it! Stupendous! Brilliant! breathtaking!

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Kelderek ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 6:43 AM

Nah... It will look much better (blacker, that is) rendered in Poser 6. Just wait and see!

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 11:26 AM

Have you tried it in Vue?

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 7:35 PM

file_203172.JPG

Here is one of mine. As you can see it has the same dimension and depth as what raz posted, as well as the same brilliant use of colour. So I surmise that based on those facts, that raz's picture is really mine ;) *hehe*

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 8:11 PM

::squints:: Well, I don't see any resemblance. Then again, I'm legally blind so ...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.