Thu, Oct 3, 4:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Poser 6 is starting to sound great now! P6 Preview!

aeilkema ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 4:46 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 4:27 PM

Attached Link: http://www.rdnaland.com/newsletter/Poser6NL.html

Not sure if all of you read this, but it's worth reading! I'm so glad I've decided to pre-order Poser 6 after all. *"I could elaborate ad infinitum, but as far as I am concerned, the advancements to the lighting system have almost brought me to rapture. Integrated Image Based Lighting (That renders FAST!), Point Lights, Soft Raytraced Shadows, Ambient Occlusion, and Faster Atmosphere Rendering all have me totally re-thinking the way I set up Poser Lighting. Add on to that all of the useful changes to the interface, improvements in all of the rooms, new features, incredible new figures.... color me blown away."* Wow, this sounds to good to be true..... and just part of the preview.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

GWeb ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 4:58 PM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/photos/Graphic3338.jpg

Thats dishonest preview Poser6 still have shadow problem from previous versions. You probably missed an image. She have too dark shadow in her right eye. The color shading with shadow isnt right so is all the sides which that make an image looks like nasty coal paint. If you like coal painting then Poser 6 is right for you.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 5:10 PM

Did they say anything about improved JPs or bending? We can always fall back on more advanced renderers in other software, but it's hard to overcome the wacky default knee, elbow, shoulder, hip, etc. bending without a great deal of technical skill and a live human model to use as a reference for correct bending.

geep ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 5:13 PM · edited Sun, 20 March 2005 at 5:17 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

file_203880.jpg

Oops, sorry ... forgot the "V" tag. ;=]

Message edited on: 03/20/2005 17:17

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

GWeb ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 5:21 PM

LOL!!!

Netherworks ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 5:33 PM

ROFLMAO!

Letterworks ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 6:12 PM

Geep: Cool!! GWeb: YOu don't like it. You didn't buy it. Be happy, and quit trolling the threads. mike

aeilkema ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 6:16 PM

geep, I just can't believe James did this to Jessi, he seemed such a nice guy. Seems like he and I do need a long time about his behaviour when he arrives (hopefully tomorrow)!

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 6:17 PM

I've been drooling over Molly and Golden Jessie for two days now but did not know if it was politically correct to post those RDNA images here. My blood is flowing. mateo_sancarlos I am with you in wanting to know about the quality of the models Jessie/James. We have not even SEEN the mesh of the body let, let alone know how they bend and pose. This will be a very great week. ::::: Opera :::::

GWeb ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 6:17 PM

My PC won't work without Poser!! I really like several features in Poser. I wish renderer and shadow was fixed long time ago. :( I dont want to wait any longer for it so I gotta complaint about it.

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 6:19 PM

P.S. I am going on the full assumption that Jessi and James are lovers, not brother/sis and I am going to animated them making love, not war! ::::: Opera :::::

artistheat ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 6:26 PM

If I was given a free copy of P6 I also would say alot of nice things about it.....The thing I heard about P5 was the clothes for Don and Judy didn't fit properly...People were pulling there hair out of there head when P5 first came out until the updates came out...The thing I see with P6 that they still have the tirer old characters and Props from P3.What's up with that.That P3 Dog,Cat and Horse don't cut it anymore are they NUTS.....Now all that said I did preorder my P6 can't wait to get it...ROTFLOL...I'm sorry I couldn't help myself this time...

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 9:02 PM

Could someone tell me who is Molly? I wanted to ask yesterday when I saw the preview images at RDNA but I forgot about it. ;o) Thanks.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 9:33 PM · edited Sun, 20 March 2005 at 9:34 PM

"Molly" is simply a name given by the artist to a character in an image created by taking Jessi, morphing her into an interesting looking woman, and rendering her in a dramatic setting.

This, I hope, will become a default concept for Poser6:

"Jessi" is only a default.

In fact, wouldn't it be great to NEVER see an image of Jessi in any gallery. Even beginners can learn to take her face and change things in it...the width of her eyes, the heigth of her forehead, the shape of her jaw....and so she is

Not Jessi Any More And You Can Give Your Character A Name From Your Imagination.

Like Molly or Kari or Cyn or Petra or "Girl with dimples."

If our dreams come true (we will know tomorrow) Jessi will be accompanied by a fantastic set of morph dials to do just that.

So....every image thought of as "finished" will be of a unique visage, with a unique identity and possibly name.

Anyway....that's my wonder...can we do that?

::::: Opera :::::

Message edited on: 03/20/2005 21:34

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 9:37 PM

IMO, I think Molly is just the title of the image. I would prefer to see the interface settings beside the image so we could tell to what extent they were taking advantage of the P6 features...

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 9:41 PM

BTW, I think some of the shading issues GWeb is noticing might be due to compositing. Especially the last image looks like someone has been playing with the spotlight feature in photoshop. Nonetheless, I think they still give a general idea as to what is possible with P6 and perhaps shows off the figures a little bit. Too bad that we haven't seen that many previews of AlphaMan or the P6 kids...

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 9:43 PM

Thanks, I would never have guessed. I thought since they were posting previews of Poser 6, they would write something to let us know if a character shown on an image was not included (as is with the name and all) in P6.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.