Fri, Sep 27, 10:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 7:32 pm)

Subject: ...and the Download has Started!!

gothicenchantedangel ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:06 PM

The Global store's phone number is a UK number and it is closed for the night (opening hours 7am to 8pm, it's now just gone 11pm here) The American office should be open I would have thought. Anyway, I'm off to bed now :-( I'll try another download in the morning. Looking forward to seeing lots of new renders in the galleries in the morning lol.

Francemi ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:10 PM

Thanks for the kids render, PandyGirl. I think those kids look great compared to P5/P4 kids. _______________________________ And could someone tell me how come Jessie's hands look so big on some renders and normal size on FishNose's renders?

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Spanki ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:10 PM

I have to run off to eat dinner... will play with it more when I get back in a few hours. (just to clarify, see my second post above - my image is NOT Jessie... but I'll play with the render settings more when I get back)

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

PandyGirl ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:12 PM

jessi has almost no morphs on her.. and the facial morphs she does have are just expressions more or less and 3 morphs on body but they don't "enhance" her any

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:14 PM

Could someone please tell me if there are still focus issues with the different windows (parameter dials, etc)? Oh, and the add material to library dialog. I always had to TAB like crazy to get focus on it. I'm really hoping that one is history. mac

eecir ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:16 PM

Would love to see Alpha man and find out if you can reduce his bulk and does he have a good supply of face morphs. I've waited years for a usable cartoon character in Poser. Cheers

Berserga ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:18 PM

Sounds as if, like Judy, you probably have to enter the face room to get at her face morphs, that's kind of a bummer. -_-

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:20 PM

Emailed Curioulabs support re. the serial number issue. Got a prompt reply enclosing serial number. :0) Damned sight better than the global support number. :0(

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:20 PM

Pandy ... all of the ethnic and "face shaping" morphs are in the face room. You can either create a random face, or dial the morphs in the face room just like the morphs in the Pose Room. In fact, there are complete tutorials, very thorough, for the Face room, Cloth room, and Hair room in the Tutorials manual (Help > Poser Tutorial Manual). Be gentle with the author of those tuts though ... I know her personally. ;-)

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:21 PM

Thanks for the previews, folks! The kids are cute. The P4/5 kids and even the MilKids are kind of scary-looking in their default form, but these are cute. Jessi's face is very pretty, though I agree her body has that typical Poser muscularity.

Yes, the problems with shoulders are very much a limit of Poser's old rigging system. And I wasn't expecting a update to that this time. The shoulders are always a tradeoff between looking good down and looking good raised. The question is where they put the tradeoff this time. Though I suppose it might be possible to do something with JCMs or other special morphs.

secretheart ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:22 PM

Jesse has pretty good range of facial morphs, but you have to go to the face room to get at them.

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:24 PM

Guys, Jessi works in the face room - you can do a lot in there. mac, The focus is a lot better. Add to material comes up with the Material Name as "New Set" but it's highlighted so you can just start typing.

NomiGraphics ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:25 PM

Alpha Man has morphs. Click on his head, and you'll see a little plus appear with the title Morph. Click on the plus to show the list of different morphs available. - Noel

eecir ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:30 PM

Hi Noel, thanks for that - so is Alpha man more sophisticated than the cartoon figures in P5. Cheers

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:31 PM

Here is a question for those who are able to play with it. Can the face room be used on the millenium figures now? TIA Klutz :0)

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

dlfurman ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:33 PM

For you downloaders: DONT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR DOWNLOAD!!! MAKE 2 BACKUPS AND PUT THEM UP! (This semipanicky message brought to by We-Had-2-Big-HDD-Crashes AND The-Remember-What-Happened-To-Sephira & Kaimira Foundation!) (Oh BTW, Sephira and Kaimira are just fine now! But it was close!) Now I'm going back to look at the renders as I wait for my BOX to arrive!

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:34 PM

------------------------------------------------------------ "and 3 morphs on body but they don't "enhance" her any" ------------------------------------------------------------- Oh well Ill be using good old V2 with her wide variety of built in body morphs ;-/ what about mimic compatibility???

My website

YouTube Channel

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:35 PM

Nope, Klutz ... but I think it's for two reasons. (1) It's a lot of work to set up the figures in the face room, and (2) I think because the face room technology is licensed from other folks (Singular Inversions), so there are probably licensing and development costs involved to add figures to the face room.

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:37 PM

'mac, The focus is a lot better. Add to material comes up with the Material Name as "New Set" but it's highlighted so you can just start typing' Thanks for the info, joseph. That's a huge relief! I'm actually beginning to look forward to using it and finally dumping P5. LOL. mac

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:38 PM

Thanks for the info, Deecey. Much appreciated. Shame that. :0/

Life is a beta.

LeeEvans ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:43 PM · edited Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:44 PM

:( Seen Jessie.. seen the kids, still no James... Is he THAT bad? Help please? And is the "member" part of the geom or is it an attachment, i.e., M3/D3 etc...? -L

Message edited on: 03/21/2005 17:44

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:44 PM

Seeing these early renders of Jessie is very interesting. Thanks, people. These faults folk are picking up on (eg. big hands and feet) add to her 'reality' I think. She is definitely growing on me...I reckon she is cute. I hope she gets a lot better support than plain old Judy did.

Life is a beta.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:46 PM

file_204180.jpg

BUT!!!!!! There is a very cool python script (choose Window > Python SCripts) and then choose Geom Mods and click the Randomize Morphs button. It will randomize settings on any face so that you can create random characters. As far as Vicky goes, perhaps you can set up a set of your favorite morphs (or even all of the face morphs for that matter), and click away at that button. Some of the results are hysterical. FOr example, here's some fun I had with James and his expression morphs in the Pose Room. ROFL

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:48 PM

Lee, don't let the above image affect your opinion of James. I did those in fun and obviously in a hurry! Colm has done some renders of James at RuntimeDNA that are fantastic!

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:50 PM

Very good stuff, Deecey. Looks like a gurning competition! ROTFLMAO. ( If you don't know what gurning is I will explain ;0) ) Thanks. Klutz.

Life is a beta.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:50 PM

The third one on the top row up there is the P6 version of NaySay guy. ROFL

Lawndart ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:50 PM

LeeEvans: James is an awsome looking figure (as seen in all the rreview images until now). Just because he hasn't been posted doesn't mean he's bad. I'm a little stumped myself as to why there aren't full body shots posted in this thread. I would do it myself but I don't have P6 yet.

GWeb ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:50 PM

Pls post a link

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:52 PM

Head over to Rdna...there is a very cute render of james there...

Tirjasdyn

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/messages.ez?forum_id=43&Form.ShowMessage=123988

Here is one image of James that Colm did.

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 5:59 PM

Gurning! LOL. I'd forgotten all about that. Cool stuff, deecey. mac

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:02 PM

Wow. The hair looks great in Colm's render. Is that hair included?

Sarte ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:02 PM

OMG, that boy character is like looking through a window at my past...the resemblence is spooky.

Do the impossible, see the invisible

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

ariannah ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:05 PM

Absolutely freaking amazing. Thanks all for posting your pics, settings and initial reactions. Man, it is going to kill me waiting for my boxed version!

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

LeeEvans ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:06 PM

Thanks for the Colm info.. B&W Face shot is definitely AWESOME.... Still interested in the full body.. with the default textures, seeing as the Daz figure maps will not be able to be used... Thanks again for the link... :) -L

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:09 PM

Klutz ... I am really afraid to ask now. LOLOL As for the hair, I looked through Colm's post and all he said was that it was dynamic hair. Being that I haven't worked with James much yet, my guess (from the thumb) is that it might be the James Med dynamic hair that is indeed furnished.

Sarte ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:11 PM

What's "gurning?"

Do the impossible, see the invisible

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

ariannah ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:14 PM

RDNA already has some P6 items in their store. With how amazing the new male and female figures look, I hope vendors decide to support them. These figures are way, WAY better then Don and Judy in the looks dept, lol.

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

Lawndart ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:20 PM

It will be interesting the see what the "Real Skin Shader" looks like when combined with the new features of the P6 renderer.

getjolly ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:23 PM

P6 has just ruined my dinner as we have been lurking, checking in to see initial reactions to POSER6 and forgot to stir the pot! I have to say we are jealous of the excitement :-) Whilst waiting for Pizza to arrive as were just sitting here if anyone has any questions on P6 that we can answer from a users point of view, we'll be happy to do so. Helena Jolly

Jolly : CP Store :

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:24 PM

A gurning competition is where the entrants compete to make the funniest, most gruesome facial expressions they can. It's an english tradition - something like bodybuilders flexing their muscles, except the facial muscles are used. The results range from hilarious to terrifying. mac

Lawndart ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:26 PM

It would be GREAT to see a P6 rendering of (what I concider to be) the best Troll on the planet utilizing the cool new features of the renderer. :)

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:26 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_204182.jpg

Here ya go, Lawn Dart .. it was a test render that I rejected because it looked like her left hand was going through the dress when it was actually behind it. This is real skin shader on the default Jessi texture. Face done in face room. I checked nudity flag just in case it was too sheer. 8-)

Lawndart ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:31 PM

Deecey: Very cool. It looks great don't you think?

getjolly ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:31 PM

file_204183.jpg

Deecey - you would be correct the hair that Colm used is James_Med. I dont have any fancy renders, but heres an image of the images of the hair during development, no fancy lighting or bells and whistles.

Jolly : CP Store :

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:31 PM

Yes, it is a fantastic shader ... I am very attached to it, and folks will be happy to know it works flawlessly on the P6 figures. You only have to add the material names to the list in the python script.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:32 PM

It's awesome hair, getjolly!

secretheart ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:33 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_204185.jpg

Here's a quickie of James (who was feeling a bit shy) and a little inset of Jesse and James together.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:34 PM

Kewl render, secretheart! Shy! LOL Reminds me of JC Penney catalog ads. 8-)

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:49 PM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.