Fri, Sep 20, 5:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser 6 obz format ?

Ravnheart ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:21 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:44 AM

Looks like they changed the object format to .obz I wanted to do some textures for the winter queen outfit for free. But I can not use UV mapper to save the UV template maps. Anyone have any info on this, and or what to use? :)

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:28 PM · edited Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:29 PM

I was wondering about that too. Can't you decompress them? Like .crz or whatever?

mac Edit - Do you mean they won't open in UVM or it won't save a template?

Message edited on: 03/21/2005 18:29

Maveris ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:30 PM

Hi Ravnheart, obz is a compressed file of obj... Try to use winzip to have a standard obj file ;) Hope help you, Mav :)

yggdrasil ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:30 PM

They're just zipped, WinZip or similar archiving tool should open them just fine. Haven't tested Winter Queen yet, but the P6 clothes OBZ's all opened in WinZip with no problem. -- Mark

Mark

Ravnheart ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:30 PM

ahhh thank you! :) runs off to have fun

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:37 PM

There's a tool inside Poser 6 to uncompress them - Python Script. In Python, Go To "Utility Funcs" then "UnCompress Files" - It will do all of them if you want it to. I happen to like mine uncompressed. ;)

onimusha ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:38 PM

I was wondering why WQ's clothes took so damn long to load in an empty Runtime...

Ravnheart ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:42 PM

Oh very cool! :) I am super impressed with the little things like that they added to P6:) Stay tuned, Free Winter Queen textures coming soon:)

Farside ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:54 PM

I wouldn't uncompress all the obz files (just do it to make changes then recompress them) because the crz etc... files will be looking for obz, not obj files.

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:03 PM

Um... I don't think that's accurate. Opening a crz with winrar and looking for the Figure Resource lines shows, for example: figureResFile :Runtime:Libraries:character:Jessi:JessiHires.obj

slinger ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:07 PM

It's a dastardly trick, they want us to fill our hard drives with uncompressed .obz/.obj files. Not only do we get a huge runtime we'll have folders full of .obj files for texture work and morphs and...STUFF. They're in league with Fujitsu I tell you. Run, while you still can. Ooooops, too late. ;)

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

nickedshield ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:26 PM

Same as P5, no biggie.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 8:47 PM

Someone want to show a render of the winter queen for those of us who didn't choose the download option? Thanks, Marque

hogwarden ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 6:50 AM

For what it's worth, my Poser file text editor ZPad will open the compressed files. You can then save them as uncompressed for your delictation:))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.