Thu, Sep 19, 3:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Render Tests anyone?

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:40 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:48 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_206000.jpg

I would love to see different test renders till the sun comes up. So I am starting this thread. Was about to join the others but wow are they getting long. Here is OLD material - Arlington texture and Eliana morphs rendered in firefly with the quality settings slid all the way to max and one of the HDRI lighting presets. Some strange shadows for sure but hey its GI in Poser, didn't have that option before.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:46 PM

Nice job!

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 6:53 PM

all defaults all I can handle tonight methinks

neftis ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:14 PM

file_206001.jpg

Hi everyone! I'm back :) here is a little GI test on the Gal...I like poser6 so far! Back to experimentation...see you soon! Nef

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:21 PM

thanks neftis keep em coming. I got one cooking now, as a poser newbie (have been rendering in Vue 5 for 6 of the 9 months of all this) I must say I love the quality slider. I know I should be playing with nodes and shaders and all but on the render side like in Vue - just click "Ultimate" just slide the thing to the right and go do something else for an hour.

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:23 PM

Glad to see you back! :)

Lawndart ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:50 PM · edited Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:53 PM

tlaloc321: Hi there. I heard from good authority that if you put the quality settings somewhere around the middle that the GI renders will come out better.

This is a case of maxing out does not always mean better.

I would try it but I don't have my P6 yet. It would be great if someone could give that a whirl.

Cheers,

Joe

Message edited on: 03/21/2005 19:53

Lawndart ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:51 PM

FYI: I think you can show nipples as long as the nudity flag is on. ;)

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:53 PM

Hurray, I'm glad to see you're back. I hope you are doing ok. The render of Neftoon Gal looks great :)

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 8:10 PM

I am not showing anything anymore. I don't like people getting upset even when they are half a world away. So I am nudity gunshy, anyhow I am a huge GI fan so I will be trying the medium setting etc a lot and I will repost when I have something.

GWeb ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:10 PM

Nah post away we are fine with it really.

GWeb ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:11 PM

The shadow still look nasty. I had like that in Carrara. Are you able to increase number of photons for cleaner shadow?

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:59 PM

"The shadow still look nasty. I had like that in Carrara. Are you able to increase number of photons for cleaner shadow?" You can adjust the ambient occlusion samples, which should help clean things up, but there's no photon settings, because it doesn't actually have to 'calculate' the GI.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 10:02 PM

file_206003.jpg

Here's my first test render with P6. Just a simple one using default textures, etc. Rendertime was about 5 min. at this resolution on my 2ghz Pentium 4 using 3 lights - 1 set to diffuse only, the other was a point light, and finally a specular only for some highlights.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 10:59 PM

Nice render!

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 11:11 PM

looks a little like Angel on that Buffy spin off. Cool.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 11:26 PM

Goodness, finally a render that looks good. I assume this is James? Is that p6 dynamic hair? Thanks maxx. ::::: Opera :::::

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 11:59 PM

"I assume this is James?" Hi, Opera. Yes, that's James, the new guy. Did a little morphing on him, and used his bump map as a displacement map. "Is that p6 dynamic hair?" No, actually that's a hair model that came with the new P6 content from Kozaburo. Trans-mapped hair for James. Works nicely for stills. ;-)

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 12:12 AM

Maxx, can you get control of his facial expressions? I keep hearing there are no facial morphs. Not even phonemes? ::::: Opera :::::

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 12:14 AM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com

There are facial morphs in the Face room. Expression morphs and phonemes are in the Pose room. If you want additional face morphs, Colm at RuntimeDNA has done a set for Jessi Hi Res and James Hi Res.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 12:23 AM

file_206004.jpg

***"I keep hearing there are no facial morphs. Not even phonemes?"*** Oh, there's expressions and phonemes. No worries there. There's even the ability to shift his jaw left and right, which is really cool. However, if you're looking for tons of little sculpting tweaks like are found on, say, EJ or Mike 3... well, those aren't there (outside of the faceroom). However, this character seems like it will have a good following, and you'll probably see TONS of free morphs and marketplace addons for him very soon.

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 12:44 AM

yes, i just took a look at Colm's morph set. He's selling them without even listing them or even describing them! ::::: Opera :::::

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.