Wed, Oct 2, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Poser 6 crashing problem

midage32065 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 10:58 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 10:45 PM

I have found that under the FILE area that all the commands such as NEW to IMPORT to all the other commands causes a complete shut down of POSER 6, I relaoded my d/load, checked my drivers, I have a Nvidia Geforce FX5900XT brd and have not had an issue since day of install. I typed my happy fingers a tech-support email but do not expect anything in a reasonable time frame. Fells like a IN-COMPLETE D/load or In completed program

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 11:12 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=2172064

Does this sound like what is happening to you?

ben_adams ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 11:31 PM · edited Mon, 21 March 2005 at 11:32 PM

This is happening to me too. The popup help windows seem to be triggering some of the crashes -- whenever I enter a room with popup help, the program crashes. When I try to turn on the popup help window, the program crashes. It also crashes whenever I try to import, export, or save.

Message edited on: 03/21/2005 23:32

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 11:33 PM

Follow the above link to the other thread, it appears that it might be related to anti-virus and firewall software.

ben_adams ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 11:41 PM

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the anti-virus and firewall software programs turned off. I'm still having the problem. I'm quite convinced that the popup help windows are at least part of the problem. Does anyone know how to edit the preference files to keep them from coming up? (I've emailed Curious Labs about this too, BTW.)

Danava ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 1:41 AM

I ran into this as well, but I discovered if I use task mangager to shut down any and all tasks I possibly can before launching Poser I can get it to run great. I will try and figure out which programs cause the issues by testing and shutting down task by task but I want to PLAY now instead!

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:35 AM
Online Now!

I have had the crash each of the 5 times I've tride to launch Poser 6 - I dropped my firewall on windows XP SR2, and I have a nVidia Geforce card which works fine for my Poser Artist and DAZ Studio lastest release version.

Eternal Hobbyist

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.