Fri, Sep 27, 10:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 7:32 pm)

Subject: ...and the Download has Started!!

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:09 PM

Her eyes look rather bruised in the Egyptian render. Just like that image of Jessi Geep was making fun of. Is that a result of the new "soft raytraced" shadows?

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:12 PM · edited Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:14 PM

It's more that I wasn't quite familiar with the render settings and new lighting and stuff. I'm STILL learning them, as a matter of fact. 8-)

Message edited on: 03/21/2005 19:14

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:15 PM

Man, her boyfriend must be really pissed ;) Wow, over 200 posts and it isn't a gripe/flame/witchhunt thread.

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:17 PM

Mac' description of gurning is correct. Usually the contestants head is framed with typically a horse halter ( Not sure if that is the correct term, I am not at all horsey :0D) .......or even on occasion a toilet seat :0D It just finishes the portrait nicely ROTFLMAO Klutz.

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:21 PM

I'd make funny faces, too, if my head was framed with a toilet seat. 8-)

Sarte ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:23 PM

^ That sounds like the funnest and funniest thing ever.

Do the impossible, see the invisible

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.contentparadise.com/user/home.php

Be afraid, be very afraid... ;-)

Lawndart ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:40 PM

Netherworks said: "Wow, over 200 posts and it isn't a gripe/flame/witchhunt thread". Nice huh? I think that that is why a lot of the users are still in this thread. I think that when threads get nasty a whole bunch of people just bail. I know I do. Back on topic: MAN that James figure looks really good. It seems (from this thread anyway) that the new figures are being accepted. I'm glad to see this. It's gonna make things a whole lot funner around here. Mike has a playmate... er... a male friend that he can bond with and share lifes ups and downs. Thanks for posting the full body shot.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:44 PM

Yup, the Poser 6 folks and the Millenium folk will reside happily together in Poser land and we will watch happily as they walk off into the sunset. And just think! Now we will have NJIATWAS images!!!!! 8-D

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:46 PM

From what you folks have shown and commented on, P6 looks like the dog's bollocks. I will get it asap. I still say Jessi looks like a reworked Posette, though.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:48 PM

"Dog's bollocks"? I have no idea what that is, but it sounds like a TOS violation. ;-) I'm really impressed with that dynamic hair in Colm's image. I like dynamic hair anyway, but that looks even better than P5 dynamic hair.

yggdrasil ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:53 PM

file_204188.jpg

As a test I loaded Winter Queen in P6 and saved as PZ3 (after uncompressing geometry files using the python script). Closed P6 and opened P5 - added P6 runtime as external runtime. Opened Vue 5 Infinite, loaded PZ3 - no problems!! Of course this doesn't mean that every PZ3 is going to work. Some might use new features that Vue doesn't know about, but it at least proves that the basic PZ3 structure is still compatible. Basic 2 minute render attached.

Mark

Sarte ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:55 PM

Bollocks are nadgers, aren't they?

Do the impossible, see the invisible

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

getjolly ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:56 PM

Were did that phrase "dogs bollocks" come from? It sounds terrible, but yes P6 is great! Jessi has not one iota of Posette in her! and the P6 family are compleatly origonal meshes.

Jolly : CP Store :

Lawndart ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 7:57 PM

I heard that the hair collision algorithm has had some work done to it so collision of the stand based hair should work better. Can't WAIT to see an animation of that.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 8:01 PM

What kind of python does the geometry compression (obz etc) use? I am just wondering since the Poser Python sucks on Mac's since it uses the tkinker (sp) thing .

yggdrasil ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 8:04 PM

OBZ is just a zipped OBJ.

Mark

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 8:06 PM

'"Dog's bollocks"? I have no idea what that is, but it sounds like a TOS violation' Sort of like 'the cat's whiskers', but a lot cruder... er ... make that 'more expressive' Another typical englishism meaning 'Jolly good! Spiffing, eigh, old bean?' This infomercial was brought to you through sheer boredom while waiting on more P6 renders. mac

getjolly ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 8:07 PM

CL have shaken up the hair room a bit, revising how the populated hair is distributed. We havn't done any animations ourselves, but should work grand :-)(crosses fingers)You should start to see some really great looking dynamic hair renders, as more users take advantage of this great feature.

BastBlack ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 8:11 PM · edited Mon, 21 March 2005 at 8:14 PM

Have any Mac OSX 2 people downloaded Poser 6?
How it's working? SCOOP!

Are the Jesse and James UV maps different than the P5 maps?
I noticed what looks like a BIG improvement over the DAZ Mill 3 UV maps, -- it looks the Neck area has more pixels. This is a good beause the difference between a high res head texture and lower res neck texture suck. You can't do a neck with any interesting features with M3. Jose is the bravest texture I've seen in that regard.

Reactions to the reviews so far:
So far sound good.

The P6 kids look great. Jesse is interesting, as is James, but for lack of a better word, they have a bit of a "gumby" quality to them. It'll be interesting to see some makeovers in the talented hands of the folks who do that so well.

P6 Hair is blowing me away!! I think this alone is a key selling point for me, and dynmatic cloth too. Can there be some rigorious tests on the Dynmatic Hair and Cloth to see if it's better than P5? Thanks. (I resisted the upgrade to OSX P5.)

bB

Message edited on: 03/21/2005 20:14

constantine_1234 ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 8:16 PM

WOw!

nakamuram ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:04 PM
Online Now!

I like Jessi and her athletic body. She's the best character "out of the box" that I've seen. I'm sure she's related to Steph Petite. They both have athletic builds (I like Jessi's MUCH better) and big hands and feet. I think I'll try scaling them down. I think her shoulder bends are much better than that of the DAZ women.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:06 PM

Yep but someone said that they used python to open the obz and that is what I was wondering about since python doesn't work well for me.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:10 PM

There is another way to convert the obz to obj. Use Winzip to open the OBZ file with the File > Open command. Then extract the OBJ file to the location of your choice.

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:15 PM

@Ghostofmacbeth The compressed files use zlib compression. You should be able to use an external version of Python to do the decompression (assuming that they haven't sorted out the Mac tk problem).

getjolly ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:27 PM

If you open the Jessi Cr2 file in a text editor and replace the word "scale" on her hands for "proportionalScale" you can make the hands as small or as gargantuan as you like! The same can be said for any other part of any of the characters bodies, which could create some interesting effects :) Remember not to do this on the origonal files - make a backup

ariannah ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:58 PM

Is there a Mac utility to convert the obz's to obj's? Any Mac users have P6 yet? I'll have to wait until my boxed version arrives. I'm getting a little worried since it doesn't appear the tkinter problem re: python for Macs is going to be fixed soon. Now if there's an obz conversion problem as well, I'm SOL.

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 10:00 PM

dot

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

getjolly ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 10:43 PM

Stuffit for the mac should extract the same as Winzip. Also any .obz file can be saved out of Poser to a .obj file.

Berserga ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 11:22 PM

Never mind the Bollocks, here's the Sex Pistols :p DAMN! I am not gay, but James is a hansome dude. :) I have to say I am very impressed. I liked Don, he was a nice "everyman" type of guy to counteract "Gorilla" Mike 2, and "Pretty boy" Mike 3. I think from the renders I've seen that James has star potential. I definately hope we see lots of support for these characters. (I'm telepathically talkin to you Steve Shanks!) Jessi looks very good from what I've seen. Ya just can't have too many girls. (Though I am pretty "commited" to V3 at this point. (God ... I don't think my wife would like the sound of that. :) ) I hope EJ installs OK in P6. I have to say I think the P6 kids look better than the Mill kids. The boy in particular to me looks very believable. Bravo to whoever made these models.

ariannah ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 11:29 PM

getjolly - thanks for your reply. That does make me feel better.

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 11:40 PM

I echo the hope EJ works wonderfully in P6 because I don't like Jessi. ::::: Opera :::::

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 11:44 PM

Ah, com'on guys.......you are going to have to do better than this if you want to beat the TOS-change thread below......... He says while waiting for the box to arrive in the mail

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

nakamuram ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 12:10 AM
Online Now!

file_204189.jpg

Wolf,

Some renders of Jessi with her hand over her face. The first is "out of the box." The second is hand scale = 90, forarm taper = 2.5.

As for her feet -- She is not going to look good in heels. There are some big problems with her foot and toe joint parameters. This is unfortunate, as CL did a great job with the foot detail.

nakamuram ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 12:11 AM
Online Now!

file_204190.jpg

Hand Scale = 90, ForeArm Taper = 2.5

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 12:13 AM

deecey says EJ works fine in Poser6. ::::: Opera :::::

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 1:28 AM

Here's a quickie of James (who was feeling a bit shy) ....

He reminds me strongly of Patrick Duffy in that render.

linkdink ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 2:58 AM

Can someone post a rear-view of Jessi, and maybe a bendover type shot? thanks

Gallery

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 5:20 AM

If there's been a big change in the way hair is distributed, will P5 hair (like Tiny's Millennium Persian cat) still look right?

Chris ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 5:58 AM

bookmark ..

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 6:03 AM

thank you Nakamuram :-)

My website

YouTube Channel

jaybutton ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 8:04 AM

Bookmark

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 8:04 AM

For a 3D figure, it's good to see that the mesh "is there" to do things with the fingernails, (the Mill 3 characters are lacking in this area), but does anyone else find it cringeworthy to have long fingernails on a default female figure? Perhaps it's an optical illusion her hands are out-of-proportion because those long fingernails that make her hands look huge? Is there a way to clip those nails? And are there any other fingernail morphs, like talons or claws? bB

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 8:38 AM

cringeworthy. I reacted to it immediately. Being ever optimistic, i did not occur to me you could not morph them back to normal. I sincerely hope you can. Or...is the long fingernail a texture issue? I also reacted to other 'sculpture' issues with the hand. It just appears there is too much flesh between over-long fingers, and the hand seems too thin. I don't have P6 yet...my impressions come only from the images being posted. Hopefully, sufficient morphs exist to overcome these problems. It is not a good sign, however, when the default makes one cringe. ::::: Opera :::::

gothicenchantedangel ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 9:47 AM

Oh well finally I got my download completed. It took 3 more attempts to d/load, one of them stopping at 95% (how peed off was I when that one happened lol). I finally phoned up the Global Store and was told to switch off any anti-virus and firewall. It took 3 and a half hours to download. Anyway, I've got it burned to disc, but not installed yet. I'm getting my graphics card driver update now (Nvidia) after what I've read already about problems with the graphics card. After seeing some of the problems other's are having I must admit I'm a little nervous about the install.......

roxcat ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 9:53 AM

I actually thing her hands and fingers look pretty good, but that could be because I have long fingers myself =) If there aren't any morphs for the fingernails maybe it can be fixed with a simple transmap? Still haven't got my order fulfilled so I'll have to wait before I can download and play with it sighs

jamespose1 ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 10:24 AM

Wow this looks so awesome!!! Render and link an animation, pleeeeassse???

jamespose1 ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 10:26 AM

Do the mil figures run in it?

tialise ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 10:31 AM

bookmark

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 10:41 AM

The millenium figures work perfectly. See post 145 above (you may break your arm while scrolling! LOL)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.