Mon, Sep 9, 8:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Poser 6 - Comments & Questions

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 8:52 AM · edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 9:14 AM

file_206190.jpg

1. I've got a truckload of old renders lying in a heap there with my preview window - and even if I do a 'Close' or whatever I do, 'Open' a new scene etc, the old renders are still there... I can't seem to get rid of them. How? 2. That "Wipe" function is so cool, by the way. 3. The Library Palette text shortcut menu that was introduced in P5 and was meant as an overview of all the content menus, was painfully SLOW in P5 - but it's FAST as blazes now. WOW! I mean instant - and my Runtime is enormous, 40 Gigs. I installed P6 on top of a P5 copy to get everything along for the ride. In P5 I got to wait a minute sometimes for the blasted thing to even wake up and show itself. 4. See the above image: one click of the expand button at the top of Lib Palette and I can get this. Talk about choices :o) 5. Anyone know what "Open GL Accumulation Buffer" is? It can be set HW or SW in Render settings. Default appears to be SW. 6. P6 is still rock solid. I haven't tried any really heavy scenes yet though. :] Fish

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 9:08 AM

I see here that the manual states that the Library Palette should have an "Icon Size" slider to enlarge or diminish the icons shown in the palette. Nice idea. Should be at the top of the palette. Can't find it anyplace, so I wonder if it's even there yet? Manual also says that if you click on any folder in the Library you'll see 'full path name will be displayed at the top of the Library palette'. Uh-uh, not so. I think maybe the manual is ahead of the app, lol. :] Fish

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 9:14 AM

I quote: "The Material Collection (MC6/MCZ) file format was designed as a fully integrated replacement for MAT pose files. Additionally, Poser includes a built-in compatibility feauture, which enables you to simply change the extension of your MAT files to MC6 or MCZ and Poser will recognize them as Material Collections. However, Curious Labs does support the MAT files included in your Poser installation." :] Fish

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 9:59 AM

HW is Hardware and SW is Software, if you have a nice Graphics card that can handle openGl you want to change your setting to HW this will allow the graphics card to be used and make things faster still. Ohh and now im really looking forward to my P6 delivery, just for the speed increases.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 11:07 AM

Also, Deecey found out setting high antialiasing in your video card's opngl setup will give you a MUCH nicer preview, almost render quality.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:06 PM

No, that's not it. Of course HW is Hardware, etc lol - that isn't the point. OpenGL is switched ON, but there is still an alternative besides that - either Accumulation Buffer is in HW or SW. What is "Accumulation Buffer"? That's what I want to know. :] Fish

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 4:44 PM

Under "OpenGL Preview they say the following (as a remaining 'issue' I guess): "Hardware accumulation buffer usage might fail. We recommend leaving this setting set to software accumulation buffer." So I guess one should leave it alone :o) :] Fish

yggdrasil ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 5:31 PM · edited Tue, 22 March 2005 at 5:32 PM

Attached Link: http://www-courses.cs.uiuc.edu/~cs419/accum/accum.html

> "The accumulation buffer is a higher precision frame buffer used to accumulate intermediate rendering results.Instead of rays, viewing and projection matrices are altered to provide multiple samples. These multiple samples result in multiple images, and these images are typically added into the accumulation buffer. The resulting accumulated images are then usually scaled to produce an average that represents a box-filtered reconstruction of the individual sample images."

Message edited on: 03/22/2005 17:32

Mark

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 5:38 PM

Thanks, ygg. Excellent info. :] Fish

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 5:38 PM

Hmmm sounds like they can store the render archive on the videocard's memory buffer, so it doesn't use up memory we need for textures, models n such. I might also be driver issue with some videocards, but this sounds like a very useful feature, once it works properly.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 12:49 AM · edited Wed, 23 March 2005 at 12:52 AM

The accumulation buffer is often used for antialiasing. Some software developers use it to pull tricks with motion-blur, depth-of-field, and soft shadows, also.

Message edited on: 03/23/2005 00:52

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.