Thu, Sep 19, 3:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:39 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Zygote and Poser 6

Zygote_Spokesperson ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 10:51 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:38 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: Zygote Male Anatomy Collection

Some of you have been curious about what Zygote will be doing with Curious Labs. Zygote is pleased to be working with Curious Labs and will be filling some voids in the current market.

Our first introduction is our Male Anatomy collection. A composite rendering is available on our website at the attached link. Zygote will provide our industry standard anatomy collection in the Poser format for the first time.

This is Version 2.0 of our collection. Version 1.0 was used in Hollow Man and the Fifth Element. This is the most comprehensive anatomy set available today. There are many educators, scientists and biomedical illustrators that have asked for this. We are looking forward to investing in this franchise for the Poser market for the long-term.

Message edited on: 03/20/2005 10:59

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 11:09 AM

VERY nice stuff!

aeilkema ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 11:15 AM · edited Sun, 20 March 2005 at 11:17 AM

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this with and it sure looks good. I'm very that already some major parties are announcing their support for Poser 6. That gives me even more confidence in having pre-ordered it.

If you allow me to aks (it will be on anyone's mind anyway), how will these creations find their way to the Poser 6 users?

Thanks,

Benjamin

Message edited on: 03/20/2005 11:17

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Staby ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 11:34 AM

Hi, Will the parts be posable or fitted to the Poser 6 male figure? Or is the Zygote Male Anatomy Collection a stand alone product (just a prop collection not meant to be animated)? Thanks

GWeb ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 11:44 AM

I am sure it is not rendered in Poser 6. Poser6 renderer is too poor to make that such image.

Zygote_Spokesperson ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 11:56 AM

Attached Link: Zygote Biomedical Gallery

"How will these creations find their way to the Poser 6 users?" This product will be available on Content Paradise. "Will the parts be posable or fitted to the Poser 6 male figure?" The product will be released initially as props. We are working on the Poser 6 rigging now and this will be delivered as a free upgrade next quarter. "I am sure it is not rendered in Poser 6." This was rendered in Cinema 4D. We are currently creating a gallery of images that are rendered in Poser 6. Using the shaders that are available in this new release we are achieving similar render quality as the image link. I've attached a link of a basic biomedical image gallery so you can get a better feel for the whole library.

MungoPark ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 11:58 AM

GWeb - have you tested the P6 renderer ?

GWeb ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 12:02 PM

No. After looking at the P6 images, I know exactly what Poser 6 renderer have missed.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 12:23 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

How exactly do you know that the P6 renderer is defective when only the Beta Testers have ever tried it at this point?

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 12:24 PM

Very nice but, and maybe this is too obvious: Are you doing a "female" version?

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Mazak ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 12:28 PM

@Bryan; I know that you are very close with DAZ. I hope that DAZ does not make the same childish mistake to ignore Poser6 how they did with Poser5. Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 12:32 PM

Please ignore GWeb. He has been pouncing on just about every thread relating to Poser 6, complaining about the renderer. Try to keep any thread that he posts to on the original topic. Otherwise you will be fighting a losing battle. To swing back on topic, I am also interested in learning if there is a female version as well.

danfarr ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 12:37 PM

Mazak, Bryan is no longer associated with DAZ in any way so I should probably address this for you. DAZ has every intention of supporting Poser 6 and we have been supporting Poser 5 for quite some time now (due much in fact from Bryan's encouragements). We expect that the release of Poser 6 will bring a lot of great things to this community and people will really enjoy it. Sincerely, Dan Farr President, DAZ Productions.

Hawke ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 12:38 PM

hey that looks really cool

GWeb ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 12:44 PM

Sorry that I did not respond sooner. I just got back from my breakfast with kids. What Poser renderer have missed is shadow interaction with light sources to decrease appriopiate color tempature. Without this interaction, it makes poser images look like coal paint render.

GWeb ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 12:49 PM

Deecey, You are the one who are punching every of my post. I asked Zygote if the image were rendered in other software and spokeperson said yes. Spokeperson also said that the Shader LE is provided with Poser6 as second render engine if your not happy with Poser 6 renderer. Said above is my interpretion. :)

ockham ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 12:53 PM

I used a couple of the earlier Zygote products in my speech & hearing anatomy courseware. This new line looks like it will be much more useful! Question: when you say usable in Poser, do you mean the parts are posable? For instance, does the diaphragm have a morph to contract properly? Do the Jaw and tongue have joints? If they do, I'd gladly replace some of my homemade stuff!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 1:14 PM

WHOA! It's about time this was done! Nice. =) bB

Mazak ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 1:15 PM

Thank you for that clarification, Dan. WOW 9 minutes; that was a fast answer. And that for a person who "is no longer associated with DAZ". Sits Bryan beside you in the same office? ;) Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

GWeb ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 1:18 PM

Can we all please stick with Zygote's thread. Ockham addressed a very good question about Zygotes' models. BTW Zygote's models looks very professional for medical use. I am glad its out for 3D artists/animator for medical field.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 2:21 PM

As someone with a forensic science background I'm really excited about this product. (I'll be even more excited if its affordable :)) I've mentioned a couple times that I would have liked to see research such as the visible human project (where the corpse was frozen and scanned into the computer slice by slice). This has a lot of forensic applications. Since that awful show CSI has emerged, there's been a necessity to make great presentations, especially for crime scene and medical data. I definitely wish that CL and Zygote would do a presentation at next year's American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS) in order to better promote poser for legal use. Information about the conference and vender fair can be found at aafs.org :)

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 2:22 PM

My thoughts exactly, PBM 8-)

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 2:32 PM

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 2:39 PM

"and I'm really hoping you will support P6 from the start, instead of waiting for years. We'll see....." I wasn't going to reply but fug it. If P5 hadn't been so flawed right from the start, if P5's EULA hadn't been so restrictive right from the start(so much so that the EULA thread at PoserPros went on for weeks and still holds the record for posts)and if CL's hadn't wanted so much cash for setting up Vic and Mike in the face room as well as for joining Content Parasite, DAZ probably WOULD have supported P5 right from the start. It would have made good business sense to do so. But given how P5 started, I can hardly blame DAZ for not supporting it. Hopefully CL's learned something with the P5 release and won't make the same mistakes. We shall see.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 2:47 PM

Honestly, I would like to see both DAZ and CL venture more into models for scientific education...

GWeb ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 2:52 PM

Every company have different qualities and should let them pursue what they are good at. They are like a box of variety chocolate candies.

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 2:53 PM

What!!!!!!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

GWeb ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 2:58 PM

Do you want a mall of same stores?

XFX3d ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 3:38 PM

For the record, XFX-3d will make every effort to support Poser 6 from the start, though we will not go to any specific effort to support Content Paradise as we do not see the feature as useful or desirable.

I'm the asshole. You wanna be a shit? You gotta go through ME.

aeilkema ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 3:43 PM

Do you want a mall of same store? A mall full of computer equipment & software stores, for example? Cool, I would spent ages there and be broke soon! Imagine what such a mall would do to the price of the equipment and software..... OK, back to the topic. Mr or mrs by Zygote_Spokesperson, thanks for answering my question and the Zygote Biomedical Gallery looks very nice indeed. I'm really gled that CL seems to have found some good partners. That's good news for us who are planning on using the new figures too!

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Ethesis ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 6:31 PM

I'd like to be able to check mark that instead of having to insert code manually. For that matter, the same for the thumbnail image types, to speed that up.

GWeb ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 6:38 PM

I wonders what about the security in 'Content Paradise'. Some of my homemade items was duplicated in Renderosity galleries. I have some concern about spyware or vulernable to hacker/theives using access through my 'Content Paradise' I would like this to be addressed. What puzzled to me is that why did CL want to use browser inside Poser? why not I.Explorer?

BAM ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 7:17 PM

This looks very interesting and would be useful for my classes. Will they have Poser or 3D Studio Max prices?

ratscloset ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 9:18 PM

Any decent Firewall can block Content Paradise, by not allowing Poser to access the Web or the Web to access Content Paradise.

ratscloset
aka John

ratscloset ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 9:32 PM

Hey GWeb You seem to be very well versed and knowledgeable in all this and I was wondering, what is tempature? I am not familiar with that term. I never have seen it in all my years of work in the Graphics Art industry. I was wondering if we have called it something else in error all these years?

ratscloset
aka John

GWeb ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 9:46 PM

Attached Link: http://www.schorsch.com/kbase/glossary/cct.html

This is wrong thread to post. If you have any question please msg me stead. Please go to the link at http://www.schorsch.com/kbase/glossary/cct.html

ratscloset ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 10:09 PM

OH! Temperature.... I thought it was some sort of new term, instead it was just a repeated typo. I do assume you know how to spell Temperature, so it was just a repeated typo, correct?

ratscloset
aka John

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 10:39 PM

Looks like excellent models from Zygote -- and it's great to hear that DAZ will be throwing their support behind P6. Good news all around.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

GWeb ( ) posted Sun, 20 March 2005 at 11:01 PM

Yep Good News all around!!

jade_nyc ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 9:07 PM

$10,000???? I hope that that was a typo and it's supposed to be $995 and NOT $9995....

XFX3d ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 10:53 PM · edited Mon, 21 March 2005 at 10:54 PM

I'd like to point out something...

When reading this, we got the impression that this was intended to be content included with Poser 6, even if it showed up a bit late.

This is an advertisement for a very high-priced but of content. Regardless of the appropriateness of the price tag to Poser users, the very fact that it HAS a price tag indicates to me that...

This advertisement needs to be moved to the Product Showcase forum. No matter how high prifile the content creator.

Sorry Bryan, you're in the wrong forum.

Sincerely,

The XFX3d Staff

Message edited on: 03/21/2005 22:54

elizabyte ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 11:04 PM

This advertisement needs to be moved to the Product Showcase forum. Actually, I agree. This isn't a "for free" item, it's a "for purchase" item. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

GWeb ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 11:09 PM

Well I think it was just an introductry of models what Zygote have to offer for Poser community.

XFX3d ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 11:19 PM

Yes, it was. Specifically what Zygote has to sell. And that is a Product Showcase topic.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Mon, 21 March 2005 at 11:38 PM

And what if it was merely a type of survey to gauge interest before releasing it into the market? Would it still be relegated to the product showcase?

pdxjims ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 11:36 AM

PapaBlueMarlin, In the past, any product or potential product posts were moved to Product Showcase. This is definitly a product, and has a price. It's not part of the P6 release, and it's presented as a product by the company that is selling it. It should go to Product Showcase. $10,000 seems to be a lot for a non-boned item. Frankly, I think you could buy a real human body for less than that.

nemirc ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 11:58 AM

file_203821.jpg

Moved to product showcase. <---signature---> nemirc Poser Forum

nemirc
Renderosity Magazine Staff Writer
https://renderositymagazine.com/users/nemirc
https://about.me/aris3d/

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 12:01 PM

At Marshall University, the medical school fee for both the med students and forensic science students was about $2,600 for in-state and $4,200 for out of state. I imagine some of this cost went into allowing the med students to dissect the cadavers. The forensic science students didn't take gross anatomy (but I would have if I had the chance) so basically we were paying the fee under false pretext (because the med students would eventually be making much more than we would in forensic science so the fee wasn't really justified). Of course, the cadavers are mostly people who donate their bodies to science. So the answer to your question is yes, a real body would cost much less than $10,000...

XFX3d ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 3:29 PM

Everyone we know already has one (a real human body). nods Well, except cats and things.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 5:07 PM

I was excited to see this product and then when I saw the price I immediately thought they had intentionally priced themselves out of selling their model for common use. Forensic labs are running on a shoe string budget where even hiring additional people is a feat. It seems to me that their clientele is Hollywood elusive and that the only "forensic" purpose these models may serve is as eye candy on CSI...

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2005 at 6:10 PM

They have to joking(I know they are not)..it would a could day in hell before I EVER spent even remotely close to something like that....As great as is it look...big woot... Congrats to all that can afford are WILLING to spend that kind of dough in Poserland ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.