Mon, Oct 21, 5:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: 1 more - how to go about texturing a .3ds obj in Poser 4?

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2001 at 12:25 PM ยท edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 12:47 AM

I've acquired a few good objects that i'd like to texture - but I don't speak 3ds (yet). I know it can be done in Byrce 4, but I barely survived "Walk Thru Island", so i'd like to stick to Poser. Can I convert .mat to any other format? Objects such as sofas, lamps, plants? Or am I asking the wrong forum? I've got a million questions...

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2001 at 12:42 PM

Can you email me a small one? Then I can see what you are looking at. philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2001 at 1:36 PM

Yes, no problem - and thanks for the help (again)...

Huolong ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2001 at 11:12 AM

I'm not a whiz at this stuff either, but for the non-whizzers out there, some methods of texturizing: 1. Hit or miss: for simple objects with simple textures, just apply them in the Render/Materials menu. 2. UVMapper basic: export the 3DS (or PP2 or CR2) as and OBJ and use UV Mapper. If the first try produces a viable text template, then apply it to the original model to check the fit. I do this with CR2 clothes. If it doesn't match on the first hit ... 3. If it's a CR2, then fuck it. 4. If it's a 3DS. obj, or PP2 as an original, then edit the UV Map to produce something workable, resave the obj as modified along with it's revised template and reimport into Poser, apply the template and save it in the props library. 5. I also use Poser to build models from scraps of this and that, and add items built in TrueSpace, export as OBJ for the treatment in 4 above.

Gordon

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.