Mon, Sep 9, 8:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Correct Reference Pro and Poser 6 Question (Hogwarden?)

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 7:55 AM ยท edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 1:17 PM

I plan on installing P6 and copying my P5 Runtime and texture folders into it from P5 (not allowing overwrites). (I don't like the idea of linking to the old P5 runtime in P6, so I want to remove P5 entirely so as not to have wasted drive space with duplicate files and things I'll never use again.) I spent the a LOT of time using CR Pro to correct all of my 20+Gb P5 files (using the "relative path" option"). My question is, will I have to run CR pro on the entire newly combined P6 Runtime, or will the previously "corrected" files from P5 still appear to be "CR-fixed"? Anyone know? (Hogwarden, you out there?)

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

yggdrasil ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 7:59 AM

Since CR changes to relative paths, they should still be fine unless you reorganise geometry and texture folders during the copy. Certainly moving library folders around in P5 never caused previously fixed references to become broken again for me.

Mark

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 9:34 AM

Where can you get "Correct Reference Pro"? as i wish to move my Poser library from my G drive to my H Drive and have it alter all the references to the drive paths

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 10:00 AM

CR Pro is available in the RMP, at the Hogsoft site, and at other stores like PoserPros.

However, you may not need it, just to move your Poser runtimes. I just moved mine by dragging and dropping, and none of the references broke. You just have to add them to Poser 5 again, the way you'd add any new runtime.

Just don't try to move the main P5 runtime, or the Downloads runtime. Poser wants them where they are. Others you can move around easily. I sometimes move runtimes to faster drives when I need them for specific projects, then move them back when the project is done.

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 3:35 PM

Does anyone have a stategy beyond using a text editor to check geometry and texture calls for how to track down geometry and texture that go with a .pp2 you want to move? I have tried to track down all my install files yet there are somethings I will have to move over to P6 individually as I want to break up my old runtime now that I'll have P6.

yggdrasil ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 4:02 PM

If you connect your old runtime up to P6 (even temporarily) and then load the object or objects into a scene, there's a python script that will list the file paths of all the obj and texture files used. Window->python scripts Print Info->List files used

Mark

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 24 March 2005 at 8:11 AM

Wow! It was there all the time... Poser is always full of surprises. I can't realy understand the standard Python Scripts and I never go to them. This is exactly what I need!!! Thank you, yggdrasil.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.