Tue, Oct 22, 2:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Poser Alphabet from the store

nitreug ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2001 at 5:39 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:33 AM

file_143206.jpg

I am using the Alphabet that I bought a while back at the renderosity store. I am trying to use other figures but I cannot make it. What I do is load a letter and save it as a pose. Then load two figures, even two LoRez figures do not work, and apply the pose to the figures. What it does is it apply some kind of pose but the figures are attach together. Can someone help? The following render is done with the figures already included in the pz3 files. What I want to do is to use other figures.

nitreug ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2001 at 8:26 PM

I did that as you can read in my previous message. The problem is when I reassign the pose to two new figures that were not in the pz3 file.

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2001 at 9:14 PM

I don't have this set of poses. Is each letter a separate PZ3? It may be a good idea to e-mail the author about it's use, just to be sure. I would think you would apply the pose to each figure one at a time. Select the figure apply the pose, select the second figure apply the second pose.

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2001 at 9:58 PM

I can't find that item in the store anymore.

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2001 at 10:21 PM

Is that one of the people who left for 3D commune? Marque

nitreug ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2001 at 11:03 PM

I e-mail the author for sure but the item is no more in the store. After Marque's comment I just find that Yes the item was move to 3D commune.

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2001 at 11:07 PM

Nitreug, Your post isn't entirely clear, but what I think you're saying is that you're treating each pz3 letter as a single pose. From what it looks like, each figure--of each letter--requires a seperately saved pose. For example, the letter "P" is made up of two figures: a horizontal figure, and a bent figure. Open your "pose" library, select and save each figure's pose separately. So, each letter would require two saved poses. Although the thumbnail, that appears in your library after the save, shows BOTH figures, only the selected figure's pose is saved, so name each saved pose appropriately. Then you can load your own figure choices, and pose each letter from your saved choices, one figure at a time. Good luck...

nitreug ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2001 at 11:23 PM

Mark, That make a lot of sense because the first time i saved the complete word POSER, i thought that it only save letter R which was the last one. So I retried and save only letter R but I think you are right that it save only one figure pose from the letter R. Thanks to help me on clarifying that. I will try it. Claude

Don ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2001 at 4:48 AM

Each Alphabet pose set was supposed to include a Tutorial on how to "write' words with Poser letters. Check your package or contact the seller for the Tutorial. Email me and I will send you a copy. The Alphabet was packaged as PZ3 files, which included the posed figures. One figure is a Parent figure and the others are attached Children figures. That way you can move entire letters. To begin "writing" a WORD in Poser, open the first letter of the word, such as AxA.pz3. The number of letters in a title indicate the number of figures in a pose, and the X shows they are attached. Position the letter to the far left. To add the next letter, Import it as a Poser Document. It will appear as a whole unit and can be moved as such to its relative position. Repeat the process to add more letters. SAVE after every Import and every final positioning! Done correctly, it goes fast. Once you have a Letter open, you can save the individual poses to the library. 3Don

nitreug ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2001 at 4:10 PM

hello Don, i know how to do it as you can see by my render in my first message. I did the word "POSER". My problem is not to build words, but to do it with other figures than the ones included or referenced in the pz3 file. They are using p4 low resolution figures. Don, I did everything that is your answer and in the tutorial, but i have no great success with new figures. Basically i have to position everything by myself. Claude

Don ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2001 at 5:55 PM

Try making your word using the PZ3 Import method, using the lo-rez figures. Once you have made the word, change each figure, one by one, with a replacement from the library. Positioning the aletters with lo-rez people makes it go faster. Because different figures in Poser are proportioned differently, you may have to do some tweaking. hope this helps.

nitreug ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2001 at 11:02 PM

Don, Can you clarify this replacement process. I am not too sure what you mean but it make a lot of sense. Let say that the most complex letter in one word use three figures and let say that I am doing the word POSER as above. How do I do the replacement that will done in each letter of the word? Thanks for all your comments. I really appreciate that. Claude

Don ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 12:49 AM

file_143208.jpg

Claude- Select a figure in a letter, Parents first. Be sure the body is selected. Go to your Library and select the figure you want to use as a replacement. Click on the single check mark at the bottom. A window appears asking if you want to keep the proportions and pose of the Document figure. check Yes and check yes to props and Morph Targets. The New Figure should pop in and replace the lo-rez one. Be sure you have a lot of RAM devoted to Poser when spelling words with figures. My website is down for a while. New one coming where you will be able to see words I have made wit h this alphabet. Email me if you want to show your images. donaldwalbert@eartlink.net 3Don

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.