Sun, Sep 22, 8:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Lighting question, feedback

silverblade33 ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 12:11 PM ยท edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 6:09 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=916131&Start=1&Artist=silverblade33&ByArtist=Yes

Ok, this pic is one I've put in the Gallery, but I'd like to get info and feedback, specifically about lighting :)

First time I've really messed aroudn with the lighting for indoors. So, no Sun, 4 lights (torches from corners of scene) plus 2 soft lights from the characters weapons.
Messed around with global radiosity.
Does this look good for the lighting, should I change any thing etc?
Any tips on indoor lighting?

Thanks for any help :)

the_duel1.jpg

Message edited on: 03/25/2005 12:12

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Compo ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 3:19 PM

I'm no expert here, but as a novice and a viewer of this image I would suggest that there should be some dark areas, almost black in the background to give a better 3d look. I think that equates to better shading in the scene. BUT, I like the work you have done so far.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 4:02 PM

Yah the light should only be from 4 torches, plus 2 faint lights at models hm... thanks for feedback :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

dburdick ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2005 at 3:41 AM

I think the lighting looks excellent for this type of scene

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.