Mon, Sep 16, 10:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: SOON TO BE UP IN THE POSER FREEBIE SECTION - "THE LATCH WORM!"

Mugsey ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 8:18 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 11:41 AM

file_209777.jpg

Ok- so,this is my first POSER MODEL FREEBIE - courtesy of the modeling talents of the great and powerful BRYCETECH!!! I designed it - he made it - it's for the community! It will be free for commercial and non-commercial use.It's made to be compatible with POSER4+ (4 and up). It's also fully poseable - and pretty cool,the only problem is - it's untextured,and no texture template is currently available. When I first envisioned the LATCH WORM - I picture an animal that was amphibious - living in both mirky stagnant, or muddy water - and muddy boggy shorelines and swamps. I saw an animal with a body color like a cock roache's - dark,nasty,semi shiny ruddish brown with black and ruddy brown highlights. I would love to see as many far out and cool texture sets as possible made for this animal - anything you can think of from psychodelic cartoon swirls to techno cyber droid. no matter how funky. What color do YOU see this animal?

William ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 9:28 PM

Nifty. Thanks for making it a freebie. Just the thing to be attacking the special forces inserted into the swamps of Alpha Centuri.

Mugsey ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 9:39 PM

GO FOR IT BILLY!!!-WANNA GET THE MODEL EARLY? send me your email addy and I'll send it to you. for now you have to texture it via object color in POSER though - unless you can UV map it and make a texture yourself. A tester would be great anyway!

webmaster421 ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 9:52 PM

Congrats on your first first Poser model freebie! :-D I think it looks fantastic and with or without a texture the fact that it will be for free is very generous of you! Thanks so much!

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 9:52 PM

If that thing latched onto someone, they'd most likely react rather violently....... What color? Murky brownish-green. Or solid black.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 9:53 PM

Great freebie. Thanks in advance!

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Mugsey ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 9:58 PM

YW GUYS!!!

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 10:25 PM

very cool! Reminds me of a trilobyte...

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Mugsey ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 10:29 PM

Actually is was somewhat inspired by carbiniferous animals like trilobites.

Mec4D ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 1:43 AM

Very cool and fantastic looking model! can't wait , I have just a cool idea coming to my mind! Thanks! Cath

"Surrender to what it is - Let go of what was - Have faith in what will be "

Mugsey ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 1:51 AM

If anybody wants this early then send me your email addy to my box at: anonymous_449@hotmail.com and I'll send you a link to the temp download where you can get it now - till I get it posted where my other download is.Serena's managing my site for a while and I just sent her the package tonight so it might not be posted till tommorrow there.

Mec4D ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 3:44 AM

file_209778.jpg

just little test of the model in poser6 with SSS ! not my final idea of the render but well the worm is AMAZING!!! Thank you Billy!!! Cath

Mugsey ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 4:17 AM

It looks amazing Cath, It's kinda weird to see something that existed only in my brain four days ago come to life.It's bizarre and at the same time wonderful - I give thanks first to my friend Brycetech - who built the model based upon my sketches, and who through his gracious generosity gave my vision a functional platform,I give thanks to my friend Cath - who has textured the model now and actually gave it a biological personality - taking it from the realm of a plastic facsimile into a breathtakingly eerie photographic depiction of a living breathing creature that ironically lives only in the mirky recesses of my id. Very eerily beautiful and strangely facinating - almost scarey in a way. This has truly been a community creation that belongs to everybody - and it's an example of the simple reward of teamwork,co-operation,and artistic unity. Thank you my friends - it's a gift just to see it.

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 4:54 AM

That's a fine looking worm :o) :] Fish

amberlover13 ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 8:20 AM

Ooooh, I can't wait. It looks really great.

Porthos ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 8:41 AM

That's a magnificent model, can't wait to have it! CONGRATULATIONS!

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 8:48 AM

Any idea when he's going to be made available?

Mec4D ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 9:01 AM

file_209781.jpg

Poser6 render :) Billy if that is ok to share the scene I did above for free too with the Lworm then please let me know... I will include also the all credits inside etc.. I think it can be interesting for Poser6 users because of use here the SSS node and Translucency Cath

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 9:57 AM

Boy, does that look like a real image!

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 10:29 AM

I've modeled a simple trilobyte, should you ever need one..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Mec4D ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 10:32 AM

can you send me a link to : cath@mec4d.com please? I need just today a simple trilobyte :)

Mugsey ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 11:23 AM

Hi guys - I was asleep,just woke up. MY GOSH that a cool pic Cath! Yes Cath-it's ok to share the pic-by all means. That's Phenomenal!

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 4:22 PM

INCREDIBLE Cath. Wow. :] Fish

Mec4D ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 4:42 PM

file_209782.jpg

the little worm give me so much inspirations that I can't get off from... I am sorry here one more again! the if I touch the worm in poser it feel almost as you touch a real thing eeeeeeee.. but that looks so cool! the render is a screen shot of a pose room, not post production after rendering. I used shadows catcher and SSS for the effect. Cath

Mugsey ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 6:38 PM

SWEET MOTHER OF MEAT!!! HOLY OCULAR ODDITIES BATMAN!!!! STOP-THE-PRESSES!!! THAT-IS-TOOO-FRREEEEAAAAKKKKKEEEEEEE! I can't believe this - this is amazing,absOlOOtely amazing! Cath - ...honey - ... sweetheart... - HOW DID YOU DO THIS??? This is downright unearthly! I am lookin at the thing and it's givin me the creeps...AND I INVENTED IT!!! GOD JOB CATH!!!

Mec4D ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 6:42 PM

file_209784.jpg

the above was only little test.. see a fragment of the final work here.. :) and thank you again for the inspirations Billy!

Mugsey ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 6:48 PM

LET THERE BE LIGHT! MWA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!!! LOL :) Awsomely cool - all human mortal words fail me!

Mec4D ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 6:49 PM

Hahahhahaha Billy!!!!! lol

Mugsey ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 6:51 PM

lol

Mugsey ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 7:09 PM

OK-JUST GOT THE GO-AHEAD FROM BRYCETECH - WORMS GETTIN POSTED NOW!

kayjay97 ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 7:33 PM

Do you have a link??? Please????

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

Mugsey ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 7:54 PM

Attached Link: http://www.freewebs.com/mugseyfreestuff/Free.htm

There ya go buddy - go get it!

kayjay97 ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 7:56 PM

Thank you so much!! :-)

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

Mugsey ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 8:09 PM

YW!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.